1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN2 HD by the World Cup?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by mvpujols777, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 9, 2006 #1 of 13
    mvpujols777

mvpujols777 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Do you guys think we will have ESPN2 HD by the time the World Cup rolls around in the summer, June I believe to be exact? If so, I will have all 64 HD games in HD- my butt will not move from couch.

Any idea?

2. Jan 9, 2006 #2 of 13
    Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
    Check the front page headlines for 1/5/2006, update #3.

3. Jan 9, 2006 #3 of 13
    mvpujols777

mvpujols777 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Bingo! Thanks, buddy, you just made my day.

4. Jan 9, 2006 #4 of 13
    mruk69

mruk69 Legend

Jul 26, 2003
    It will be awesome watching England lift the World cup agin aftyer 40 years (last won 1966) in HD.

5. SummitAdvantageRetailer

SummitAdvantageRetailer Godfather

Feb 20, 2005
    I wonder if ESPN 2 is the sole English language network to carry the WC06. If not, it'd be nice to see Rush HD, WorldSport HD, HDNet, and etc. to carry some portions of it.

6. Notorious

Notorious AllStar

Aug 17, 2005
    ONLY ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC will carry the world cup for many years to come in the US. It will not be on any other channel. Remeber though for ESPN2HD you will need to upgrade your equipment.

I AM PUMPED that I can watch the WC in HD...now Im hoping DISH installs ABC HD before the Cup starts as probably all the US Games and the Final will be on ABC.

7. SummitAdvantageRetailer

SummitAdvantageRetailer Godfather

Feb 20, 2005
    ABC will definitely carry the US games if on the weekend. Weekday games will most likely go to ESPN and then ESPN2 for carry-over games unless if ESPN had a better event at that time, like what is though?! The US games will be fun to watch with this tough, tough bracket they're in.

8. mruk69

mruk69 Legend

Jul 26, 2003
    Galavision and Univision will carry it in Spanish.

9. Wicked

Wicked Mentor

Oct 29, 2005
    Univision is a truly laggard:) No HD!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could have the WC06 in spanish HD!!!!!!!!

10. Notorious

Notorious AllStar

Aug 17, 2005
    I remember that in SD WC 2002 looked much better on Univision than it did on ESPN. On ESPN the games looked like crap, on Univision it was very sharp. I assume with all games being on HD this year we wont have any trouble...ooo and Mruk...England win the Cup...come on you cant be serious Hhahaha :) The only time they ever won was when they played at home...every other time they fail...well Im Brazilian so you know Ive been happy lately...oh and yes it will be on univison..I was talking about English language only.

11. mvpujols777

mvpujols777 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Why is it that I have to upgrade my equipment? Do i have to buy a whole new receiver?

Somebody give me the lowdown on what it'll cost to get ESPN2HD in my house for the world cup.

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    E* is moving to new receivers. They have decided to use a newer encoding method that the old receivers cannot do. In order to get people to move over to the new receivers no new HD will be offered to old receivers.

February 1st is the start date for the new offers. If you just want to watch you can upgrade for $98. If you want the DVR It's going to be $299. Both are leases and include any dishes and switches you need.

13. sendy

sendy Cool Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Iam glad will get to see ESPN2HD for the world cup, :hurah:
    sorry but ARGENTINA will have the cup in HD:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.