1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ESPN3 access question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by George_T, Jun 22, 2013.

1. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    Glad to see D* now has access to HBO to Go content on Apple TV. However, still no access to ESPN3 content.

I have read on this site that more than likely ESPN3 content will have to wait until the next ESPN rights negotiation. My question is, when will D* carriage contract with ESPN expire? If anyone can clarify the timeline for negotiations, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

2. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    I am able to get ESPN3 on my internet provider, Cox. However, the Watch ESPN app with the full suite of ESPN channels I don't have access. Are you sure you don't get ESPN3 on your internet service? I also get ESPN Mobile on my Sprint phone.

3. boukengreen

boukengreen Legend

Sep 22, 2009
    ESPN3 is by ISP. WatchESPN is by tv provider

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    ESPN3 is usually by whomever your TV provider is set up to authenticate for. Some ISPs limit their authentication to their own TV customers.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have Comcast / Xfinity for internet and just DirecTV for TV and it pops right up and plays without a login, etc.

6. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    I have my internet through Century Link. They do not have a carriage agreement for ESPN3 either. I'm shut out both through both my satellite provider and internet provider.

7. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    This should be stickied as this comes up frequently.

Watching ESPN3 can be possible through your Internet Service Provider if they are an affiliated partner.