1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ESPN3 as a Directv customer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bww, Oct 11, 2010.

1. bww

bww Legend

Feb 15, 2006
    I have Directv and internet from TimeWarner. Espn3 is available to timewarner starting this month only if you have a tv package and a tier that includes espn, internet only people will not be eligible.

Anyone here use Espn3 that has directv and an isp that is NOT on the list of approved isps at espn????

2. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I second that. I have an xbox 360 and will try and see if ESPN 3 works over Road Runner. I will post again when I get home in a few hours. I am an Xbox beta tester.

3. bakerfall

bakerfall Godfather

Aug 23, 2006
    I have Comcast internet without TV and can use ESPN 3 on my PC no problem.

4. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    Wow Time Warner doesn't play nice for customers who want Espn 3 and have internet only. Comcast doesn't do that. I have Directv and Comcast internet only. Unfortunately there might not be a good work around. i am suprised that Time Warner does that. I would check if AT&T U-verse does that or not. U-Verse might be your only other alternative.

5. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    Time Warner, and possibly Brighthouse, are the only ones with these new terms. Now that the option is out there, future deals with other providers could be similar.

Some of the latest articles seem to indicate that the Time Warner - ESPN3 deal isn't tied to internet at all, only video. Road Runner only won't work; TW cable + RR will; TW cable + 3rd party dsl might.

Yes it's a dramatic shift from ESPNs internet only service. But what this would mean if true, is that Directv would be free to negotiate a similar deal as well, where a D* sub could access ESPN3 regardless of who their ISP is.
    See:
    http://www.twcableuntangled.com/201...deal-but-its-going-to-take-time-to-implement/

What's also interesting in this article is that Time Warner will be able to deliver select games from ESPN3 on tv, in its sports pack, bypassing the need for internet.

6. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    I'm almost the same, I have Comcast's basic local tv package for $15/mon and it gets me a $15 discount on my HSI, so technically I have Comcast video service, but no ESPN.

7. Hdhead

Hdhead Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    With Charter internet anyone with an account can access ESPN3. You can even access it remotely when not using Charter internet if you create an ESPN account.

8. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    Charter provides access to ESPN3 for internet only customers. I've used it to watch some Aussie rules footy matches.

9. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Same here.....

10. cnmurray8

cnmurray8 Legend

Jun 19, 2008
    My ISP Fairpoint has not signed with ESPN3. However I use a friends Comcast sign on and I get onto ESPN3 using Fairpoint DSL with no problems.

11. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Verizon DSL offers it and I used to use it all the time when I had it. I recently switched back to RoadRunner and just use my parent's Comcast login to use ESPN3 now. Time-Warner sucks, and not sure I ever expect that to change.

12. dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt Under Suspicion

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Here in San Diego, I can access ESPN3 just dandy, and I have Internet-only service through Cox.

13. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    My ISP just signed on with ESPN3 and it was turned on Friday. It signed a deal the same time Time Warner did, but the cable company doesn't have the clout that a big provider does.

Before that, I used several passwords found through Google searches. A lot of Scout.com college football forums have Comcast or Verizon passwords, but they are shut off after a few weeks.

14. bt-rtp

bt-rtp Icon

Dec 29, 2005
    I have AT&T U-verse and I get ESPN3.com

15. the_batman

the_batman AllStar

Sep 20, 2007
    I have the same issue with TWC as my ISP...unless I also have the digital cable package also, no ESPN3.com. I can see why I left TWC for DirecTV.

16. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    Well, I'll add insult to injury as well.

I have Knology for just internet and phone and get ESPN3.com just fine - no TV needed.

17. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    I have Comcast Business internet only and I have zero issue getting ESPN3. In fact, I am able to stream E3 to my networked receivers via PlayOn.

18. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    I have Fios for internet and get ESPN3. Can't wait for it to be available on the 360. Will make it better than watching on my laptop.

19. nighthawk777

nighthawk777 Mentor

May 1, 2008
    So Time Warner just went up $3 per month on my internet from 54.95 to 57.95 to make me pay for espn3 but they aren't going to give me access because I only subscribe to internet with them. It's about time for me to kick them to the curb.

20. pistolpete52

pistolpete52 AllStar

Sep 3, 2010
    I have AT&T internet without phone or tv, and I get ESPN 3.