1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Eugene Oregon Locals down?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by esepterra, Jun 24, 2014.

1. esepterra

esepterra New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Eugene Oregon
    Does anyone know if the Eugene Oregon locals are down? I get a message in black in white saying they are aware of the issue and will make them available as soon as possible I contacted Dish and got the biggest run around with this. I plan on keeping dish but am worried this a tactic to get you to quit your contract so you get early termination fees. I hope they come back on. I called the installer and asked him if he was having local issues on any dish network equipment he installed today.

Please Help.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If you're getting an art card/slate, they're probably having troubles with reception from the local channels. This should not be construed as a "tactic".

3. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    I have check current channel issues and I did not see anything for the Eugene Oregon area. Would you please DM me w/ the phone number on the account to better help you?

Thanks

4. BobCulp

BobCulp Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Colorado...
    Last night around midnight mountain time, all locals for Colorado Springs went down. Nothing on the screen, no messages, and no one today in my area mentioned it. I even did a receiver reset , with no improvement. Locals were on this morning when i powered dish on. I also tested my rabbit ear last night and locals were on there, so I am guessing that somewhere in the dish service had a problem.

5. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    It may have had something to do with the tropical storm blowing through.

That nobody else noticed may suggest that nobody else was watching local TV at midnight.

6. BobCulp

BobCulp Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Colorado...
    My locals all morning today, have been freezing. That is losing audio and will come back on. All other channels are fine, so I will not blame dish for obstruction. It's a great day here, no rain or other possible problems.
    Do locals have a weaker signal than other channels?

7. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Typically, no.

Are you talking about HD or SD locals? HD comes from 129W and SD comes from 110W.

What dish(es) (please be specific) are you outfitted with?

8. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Locals are on spot beams which are usually slightly stronger than conus beams.

9. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Who told you that fib?

10. Dax

Dax AllStar

May 15, 2004
    Kentucky
    Standard def. locals in the Louisville, KY viewing area froze up briefly right before midnight, then about 30 minutes later suddenly they were all showing CBS. After a few minutes they got ABC back to normal, but it's been almost an hour and all other locals are still CBS.

11. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    That was my observation. Especially while I had WA, spot beams that I was inside almost always ran 10-15 points higher than conus.

Of course those that I was outside of were always lower than conus, mostly ZERO!.