1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eureka: "Founder's Day" OAD 7/9/2010 Season Premier

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Jul 10, 2010.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    OK. So I guess it's reasonable to start a season this way. I guess.

I won't say more in this post to avoid anyone seeing a popup spoiler.

2. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I was doing fine with this episode until the end when I realized they were using a time travel conundrum to alter relationships between characters and add a new character. While it was an enjoyable episode and will make the season interesting, it's kind of a cheap writer's trick.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Watched it and knew as soon as I heard the scientists was wearing the jacket that he too was going to be brought back and that an alternate time line had to begin.

Hope it only goes a few episodes. Otherwise it is going to get real confusing. And I'm a sci-fi junkie.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah, they can't drag this around all season... They can go a few episodes maybe... but it can't really be the main plot for the whole season... otherwise when they do fix it, it means nothing happened for the rest of the Eureka-folk the whole season!

5. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    If y'all will recall the earlier rift on time travel (when Henry went back to save his honey), it wasn't a full season arc but it did result in what I thought was one of the best episodes either - the where Jack had to go back and stop Henry and then they were the only ones to remember the alternative time line.

6. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yeah, also in Season 1, Episode 12 Jack and Allison begin to make a life together but when Henry corrects the dangerous timeline split, things return to "normal".

I'm wasn't really complaining as I think the quality of this season's opener was pretty good and the story arc, if it isn't overdone, will be interesting.

But I still think it's kind of a scifi writer's cheap trick to reset things to a different timeline where relationships that had developed no longer exist, and a character is added, and statues change materials and....:)

7. russ9

russ9 Godfather

Jan 28, 2004
    Really, last season was just a dream, all you need is a shower.

8. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Aside from the change in Zane, which is disappointing, I'm interested in seeing where it goes...

~Alan

9. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I didn't watch last season but am looking to get back into it .. perhaps this will be a good start for me :)

10. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I'd rather wake up with Suzanne Pleshette.

11. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I watched it. I liked it. But as others stated I hope it doesn't go on too long.

12. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    Classic ! :D ( one of my favorite shows)

13. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Actually 2 new characters were added. The woman Henry is now married to and James Callis as Grant.

He's signed on to the show for the whole season I believe.

14. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    Yup. That was priceless episode with a perfect thumb at Dallas.