1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever have to delete a program twice?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by marty45714, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marty45714

marty45714 Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    :confused: I think this is an issue, but I want to get some feedback before I post it as such, just to make sure I am not imagining, but it seems to have happened to me enough times that I think it is not my imagination.

After watching a recorded program and pressing Stop, have you ever chose to Delete the program, then chose Yes to verify, and then still see the program in the List and have to delete it again? I swear this has happened to me a bunch through several software verions, but I always think "Maybe I did something wrong," so I never report it.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Yes... that is a common "issue".

If you exit out of your MyPlaylist... and come back in, you will see it gone.

3. marty45714

marty45714 Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    Thank you Earl. So the program actually IS deleted the first time, the list just fails to update, right?

4. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    yep, I've tried it 4 or 5 times and then remembered to exit and check again..

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Yep

6. LGM2007

LGM2007 Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Maine
    I have noticed that the double dash does not always work consistently, so often will delete using the sub menu.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Is it possible that the DVR isn't receiving the second dash, or that it just hasn't responded yet? There have been several times when I dash-dashed, thought it didn't take, so dash-dashed again, only to find two programs deleted.

8. gcisko

gcisko I am Iron Man!

Sep 27, 2006
    A double "-" will also remove it without exiting the playlist. That has always worked.

9. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I have seen what the OP is saying also. It is when the program has ended and it asks whether you want to keep or delete. You delete and it and returns to the playlist with the recording still there as a ghost. In the older versions, the screen would flash and then it would be gone. In this version you have to leave and come back. If it takes a few more seconds to return to the playlist, you know it is deleting it properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.