1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Wonder What Happened to Dumb and Dumber?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by hdtvfan0001, Aug 26, 2012.

1. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    At this time, South Florida is being nailed by the effects of Tropical Storm Isaac.

In the Ft. Lauderdale area, winds of 50-60 MPH are being recorded, along with heavy rain and high waves.

There is a web cam located there at the entrance to Port Everglades Harbor itself (typically used to view Cruise Ships departing).

Low and behold...as the photos here show...today the web cam detected something different - 2 morons on Jet-ski's - cruising around the harbor during these storm conditions.

- The 1st photo shows the bozos in action.
    - The 2nd photo shows not only the same two bozos (in red), but a 3rd nut case (in blue) who fell off his Jet ski.

Further evidence that Darwin may have been right - at these these folks are clear decedents of apes. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Thats even more moronic than the surfers at Haulover inlet in Miami. :)

3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    At virtually the identical 15 minute period of time...The Weather Channel was showing the area radar, other location video, and Ft. Lauderdale maps - telling people to "avoid going anywhere near the beaches, waterfront, or shore areas".

I bet if you asked...we'd find out that these guys all have cable.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    They may be idiots, but they're all watching tv, unlike sat subs who won't be watching any tv for the next five days, unless their dishes blow away, then it'll be weeks or months. :p

5. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Last storm down here the cable TV system was down for 10's of thousands of Comcast customers for over three weeks, I was down a couple of hours:)

6. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I dunno. In a team like that? I could have been one of those guys when I was young...and a lot dumber. If one of their jet skis fail, they can still all come back to shore on the remaining crafts. I just hope they are in shape. You have to be quite strong to pull off what they are doing.

It's no crazier than big wave riders. I used to watch body surfers at The Wedge on Balboa Pennisula Point in California ride these incredible waves during red flag conditions. In that case, there was a lifeguard boat offshore to take care of the injured, but riding those 25 foot waves into a shore break was definitely more insane.