1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exta remote control question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by shark420, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark420

shark420 New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    I am going to get a direct tv dish setup but I will be splitting one of the receivers in 2 rooms. Does anybody know if I can get an extra remote control when I sign up for my instalation and as will they charge me for it?

thanks
    Shark420

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    How would we know? This is a Dishnetwork Discussion Forum.

3. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    I know that Dish and Direct start with the same letter, but one has a few more than the other.
    You might head over the the Direct area and ask them about how their systems work

4. shark420

shark420 New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    sorry guys, had a brain lapse I meant dish network

5. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Are you getting a single or dual tuner receiver? Dual tuner receivers come with two remotes. If you need additional, contact dish - you can get additional remotes depending on your receiver.

6. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Cool Member

May 8, 2006
    It looks like you are asking about Dish Network and how many remotes?

I got Two-Remotes with my 622 install.

1-for the H/D T/V and 1-For the Standard T/V. Does this answer your question on how many remotes you can get?

Also I think I should mention that I was ask on the front end how many T/V's I would be hooking up to.

So maybe that is what you need to let them know. You need 2-Remotes.

Terry

7. The intimidator

The intimidator AllStar

Apr 14, 2006
    Get a 322 dual tuner if connected to a phone line they waive the additional outlet fee.. With this you will get an infared remote for the tv one location, and a uhf remote for the second location. With the uhf it will enable you to change channels through walls up to 100 feet from the receiver location.. The only other option is to get a uhf conversion kit. about 60.00 but why???

8. TMaud

TMaud New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Go to Ebay and you can get one. I just split the TV2 output on my 522 receiver and bought a second remote on ebay. Works great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.