1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

External Drive Fee from Dish?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jamus, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Jamus

Jamus New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    I have been having some problems with my 722k and was browsing the forums. I came acros this one about external drives:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/89635-external-hdd-format-question/
    And saw the poster mention something to the effect of "he spent $39 for an external drive and it did not work".

At first I thought he bought an external drive for $39, but then after reading a little more it kind of looked like he paid Dish $39 for some type of fee to use his own external drive. That post is locked so I could not ask this question there...

Does Dish actually charge you a fee to use your own external hard drive? If so, talk about nickel and diming a person!

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    In the past there was a $40 fee. That is no longer a fee if you have a DVR model receiver. There is still a $40 fee if you want to turn a 211 non DVR into a DVR.

3. Jamus

Jamus New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Thanks for the info.

4. Orion9

Orion9 Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    They locked it because someone bumped a thread from 2007 which could confuse people living in 2013. And apparently they were right! ;)