1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Drive Fee from Dish?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jamus, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Jamus

Jamus New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    I have been having some problems with my 722k and was browsing the forums. I came acros this one about external drives:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/89635-external-hdd-format-question/
    And saw the poster mention something to the effect of "he spent $39 for an external drive and it did not work".

At first I thought he bought an external drive for $39, but then after reading a little more it kind of looked like he paid Dish $39 for some type of fee to use his own external drive. That post is locked so I could not ask this question there...

Does Dish actually charge you a fee to use your own external hard drive? If so, talk about nickel and diming a person!

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    In the past there was a $40 fee. That is no longer a fee if you have a DVR model receiver. There is still a $40 fee if you want to turn a 211 non DVR into a DVR.

3. Jamus

Jamus New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Thanks for the info.

4. Orion9

Orion9 Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    They locked it because someone bumped a thread from 2007 which could confuse people living in 2013. And apparently they were right! ;)