1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra lease fee on old receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by blueoyster, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueoyster

blueoyster Legend

May 3, 2007
    I just upgraded to the Local Channels package and added 2 receivers and a DVR.I got the first bill and they're charging me 4.99 for the receiver I already had and was paying no lease fee on before.When I talked to a CSR she told me I had to pay a lease fee on this now because the other receivers were mirroring the programming off it.I was under the impression the first receiver was free.When I committed to this programming I was told by another CSR that the 1st receiver would still be no charge.Which CSR is right ?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You're mixing lease fees and mirroring fees. In any event, there should be no lease fee on the "first" receiver and there should be no mirroring fee on the "first" receiver as it is the one that is being mirrored. Subsequent receivers that are leased will incur both fees. You may be taxed on all leased receivers.

3. Kapeman

Kapeman Godfather

Dec 22, 2003
    Wow, I didn't know that!

You get a lease fee on top of the mirroring fee?

That's not good.

There goes that second HR20 (well I would have to buy a new HDTV, but anyway... :D )

4. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Forget the confusing terminology.

Bottom line is, I pay $4.99 each plus tax for four of my receivers, and I pay just tax on one of them.

I'm pretty sure that's the way its supposed to be.

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You don't pay for both. You only pay the $4.99 plus tax for each receiver after the first which is free. Directv just changed the wording.

6. blueoyster

blueoyster Legend

May 3, 2007
    I believe I misunderstood the terms when I originally talked to a CSR,I thought the $5.99 DVR fee included the lease,which I was just told doesn't.So a DVR is $5.99 service fee plus a $4.99 lease fee.The original CSR told me the $5.99 covered both,because I have an itemized list she gave me on the phone of what all my new charges will be.Oh well.:confused:

7. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Yes you have to pay a DVR fee which is $5.99 and a lease fee of $4.99 for every receiver after the first one. But if you add another DVR you will only pay the $4.99 lease fee. The DVR fee is only charged one time and it does not matter how many DVR's you have.

8. blueoyster

blueoyster Legend

May 3, 2007
    Thanks for the info BMoreRavens,that resolves that issue.:)

9. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I forgot the DVR fee because it is included in Premier.

10. Kapeman

Kapeman Godfather

Dec 22, 2003
    That's the way I understood it, but Harsh's post through me off since I only have one leased receiver.

11. sack9

sack9 AllStar

Mar 13, 2007
    same with HD Access, its for the whole house

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.