1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extras on my HR24 vs. HR22

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SteveHas, May 23, 2012.

1. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    So I just noticed that on my HR22 running 0x59e has YouTube, and Pandora as options in the Extras window. My HR24 running 0x59e does not show; "Whats on", YouTube, or Pandora.
    Are those items not supported on the HR24?
    I just reset the HR24, and still no joy.

btw,
    HR20-700 just updated yesterday, and that has Pandora, and YouTube as well
    :confused:

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    You have two options, the first is to just wait and it will show up. The second is to reboot the receiver twice in less than a half hour and that may do the trick. Make sure the receiver shows as being connected to the internet.

3. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    Scott, neither option worked. The HR24 has not had Pandora or YouTube on it ever to my family's recollection. "My DirecTV" still says to check back later, has for a week now, as far as any of us can remember, it always has. Ran a system check and passed.
    What's the deal here?

4. Sylardx

Sylardx New Member

May 27, 2012
    I had the same issue, My Directv was installed yesterday, 2 hours later it updated to the new firmware. After that point, the Pandora and Youtube were not available until today, about 24 hours exact after install.

5. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I would try restoring network defaults and or just doing the network setup again. Those two item only show up if the receiver is connected to the the internet.

Is this a Deca setup with a CCK or Ethernet?

To answer your first question, Yes they are supported features for the HR24.