1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

F connector tool wanted

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Floyd, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Floyd

Floyd Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Does anyone know where I can order some of these domestically?

http://www.ellies.co.za/index.php?id=597

It's the kind of thing they might give away at a cable convention show. I have a customer that wants 5-10 of them. They are light aluminum and small and can be carried in your pocket.

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I have something like that in my tool box, and it has a screwdriver handle stuck on the back end.

Have had it for years, no idea where it came from. (maybe a D* or E* installer left it, or maybe I bought it from MCM ??) The screwdriver handle, IMO, would make your item at the link better.

LOL, a screwdriver handle connected to the socket thing WITH a pivot would be WAY better, than that!

better call the patent office!

:lol:

3. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
  4. Floyd

Floyd Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Thanks Cholly, I couldn't find them anywhere.

5. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
  6. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Is it just an ultra hefty security sleeve removal wrench?

7. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
  8. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I have this, and it really helps with sliding the compression fitting onto the coax when you are making the ends too. The compression fitting screws onto the threaded end on the other side of the handle. Then you can use the handle to push the compression fitting onto the cable, rather than trying to just push on the fitting itself (really nice for rg6 quad shield which is what I wired my house with).