1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed Self Test Diagnostic Code 43-367

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by GBFAN, Aug 25, 2009.

1. GBFAN

GBFAN Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    Ran a self test today since I was checking to see if I got the new software. Didn't get it yet. It said it failed with Diagnostic code 43-367. It is sunny and clear here. I checked the satellites and 99c and 103c are low on Tuner 1. Getting 60's while I have high 80's on tuner 2. The signal strength indicator shows 46 on tuner 1 on 99c.

2. msmith

msmith Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Try a few things:

1. Swap the satellite cables on tuners 1 and 2 BUT NOT THE BBC's. See what you get.

2. Swap the BBC's between 1 and 2 BUT NOT THE SATELLITE CABLES. See what you get.

If it follows the satellite cable, you have a cable problem (most likely connectors) or maybe an LNB problem. If it follows the BBC, you have a bad BBC.

3. bdcottle

bdcottle Legend

Mar 28, 2008
    if the signal levels don't change, restart, i've seen this as a software glich.

4. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    BTW what firmware did you see you had?

5. GBFAN

GBFAN Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    HR20-700 0x0312

I have been having odd recording issues so I suspect something is bad. I posted the issues in the issues thread. It only seems to affect certain channels. SPEEDHD, FOODTVHD and TLCHD. I generally only causes issues when I am recording 2 things at once or I am watching the buffer on 1 tuner and recording on the other.

Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot further though I replaced the BBC several months ago on Tuner 1 and swapped the cables around. The problem wasn't as bad before and since it was winter, I decided to wait and kind of forgot about it.

6. baws22489

baws22489 Mentor

Sep 3, 2006
    Southern MD
    I have 5 hd dvr's. 2 HR20 and 3 HR21. Everyone fails the self test with a different diag code (43-912, 43-248, 43-054) and says my dish needs to be realigned. I haven't seen any 771 error messages and haven't notcied any issues. When I check my signal strength, everything looks good. The only reason I noticed this was that I got a new dvr for my son and during the setup it failed, but was allowed to continue on to finish the setup and as far as I can tell, I can get everything. SO I then went back and tested on the others and all of them fail?

Any ideas or could it just be a cosmetic error or something to do with the firmware?

Does anyone know where I can find out what the different codes mean?
    Thanks,
    Steven

7. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Call DIRECTV