1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fails phone line test

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by miggo, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miggo

miggo AllStar

Feb 28, 2007
    About once every week or two I notice that caller ID stops working. When I run the test it fails the phone line. I have to RBR and it seems to work great for a week or two. I did a search and saw a lot of problems with caller id but no one really mentioned that a rbr fixes it or not. Has anyone else seen this?

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I had CID problems intermittently until 0x145. It seems to be fixed now. When it wasn't working properly, a RBR did not fix it.

I assume you have checked the phone jack with something else (i.e. a phone) to verify that it is functioning properly? I only ask because even when my CID wasn't working, the phone line test always passed.

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    yes and you've given some good details! Thank you. Now if you could, please fill out the Caller-Id survey found at this thread: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=83530

Thanks again
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.