1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast Forward Works, then Recording Stops

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jimmie57, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I recorded a boxing program on HBO the other night. Last night I was going to play it. I loaded it and pressed the fast forward to get thru the first 15 minutes of talking that they do before the boxing starts.
    I pressed the play button and it started to play. As soon as the progress bar left the screen the program froze. Pressed the fast forward again and it worked, then froze. I did this several times and always the same results.
    Until last night I had not had a problem in more than 3 years on my HR23.

I stopped the program, then
    Menu, Settings, Reset and chose the first one in the list.
    After the reset I tried the recording again. All works as it should.
    The Reset fixes many small problems.

I posted this for the many people that read the forums and do not post.
    I was one of those for more than a year before I signed in.

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Yep, little glitches like this happen from time to time, and often resetting the reciever via the menu or the red button will often fix them. Sometimes they are a bit more difficult to fix and you have to unplug the receiver for a few hours and let all the power drain out of the capacitors and that might fix them too.

That is why those two troubleshooting steps are often the first two that the CSRs will have you try when you call in with issues.