1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Faster switch between DD and PCM?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kkl, Sep 5, 2013.

1. kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    One of my TVs doesn't support Dolby Digital. I am feeding my HR44 to a 1x4 HDMI splitter which feeds that TV and two others that support DD. Since I'm only watching one TV at any given time, I can live with it. However, is there a faster method to switch between DD and PCM other than Menu/Settings/Audio? Thanks.

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You can use a programmable remote and create a macro.

- Merg

3. kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks. That's my backup plan. I was hoping for something else, even a SHEF command?

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    None, that I am aware of. BTW, are you sure that any of your TVs support DD?

5. kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    Now that you mention it, yes, they do both support Dolby Digital. But what I hadn't realized was that they were negotiating 2-channel DD instead of 5.1. The TV that wasn't working, now sometimes works with DTV's DD output. After more experimentation, it seems to be based on what other device has also negotiated the audio signal. If I'm not getting audio, I can change the DTV receiver, but hopefully I'll just be able to make sure that the wrong device (i.e. the one connecting with a 5.1 handshake) isn't on/connected at the same time.