1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorites Guide: I'd Like to....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Spike, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Spike

Spike Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    I was playing around with my Harmony One remote and I saw something on there that I think would really be neat, if it could be a part of the Directv Favorites Guide. I'd like to be able to arrange the channels on the guide the way that I would like to list them rather than by the lower channel numbers followed by the higher channel numbers.

Though what is below is not the way I would really set it up, an example for a portion of my guide might look something like the following:

213 MLBNHD
    212 NFLHD
    206 ESPNHD
    204 HLNHD
    360 FNCHD
    202 CNNHD
    265 A&EHD

ETC.

This would allow users to design their guides in such a way that would truly reflect their Favorites according to what they really like first to last in the Favorites Guide. I'm not sure if such a thing is a possibility within a Directv DVR/receiver, but I think it would really be a great feature.

2. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    On the TiVo boxes you can rearrange alphabetically, but that's the most you'll probably ever see. Various networks have contractual agreements with DirecTV that put them at certain places on the lineup. Who knows how the contracts are worded, but I would imagine even if such a scheme didn't break the letter of the contract, the content providers would raise a stink about it.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Perhaps you can try to set up a custom guide just for sports channels...

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Have you tried Quicktune? You can add 9 channels in any order that you want. Just hit the up arrow while watching live tv or a recording.

5. Spike

Spike Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Love that feature. I do use it!

6. Spike

Spike Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    I was just using those channels as an example.

7. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Well , you still can make or customize the guide with just the channel that you want