1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Favorites list channel memory fix pleeaaasseee!!!

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by saberfly, Apr 21, 2013.

1. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    My Hopper will not remember channels in fav lists. This has been out WAY too long to still have this problem. I add channels hourly and I'm 100% tired of paying for this high tech piece and having this problem. I add chicago 26 every 1/2 hour. FIX THIS ALREADY.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I thought this had already been fixed a few firmware releases ago?

Although, I think people also had to not only have the latest firmware but also reset their receiver to default and then re-create the favorites list to fully remove the corruption.

3. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    With the latest update I'm starting to notice a number of "quirks" as well. At some point I'll have to do some real testing to see if they're real bugs or just some anomalies.

4. dtimm1020

dtimm1020 New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I have had problems with my hopper remering my channels,
    I had to get a new hopper, because my phone jack qick working

5. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Mine will lose a local channel about every other week. Also can't remember which Fav list I was last on, always reverts to "All Channels" (on the Hopper only), Joeys seem to remember (but also lose a channel now and then). Ever since instal a year ago, updates fixed nothing. Also have recorded shows on hopper that all play fine, but on Joeys a couple say "not subscribed"... that seems real odd since they access the same hard drive.

6. rgranberry

rgranberry Cool Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Yes, this is still a problem. After someone said the latest software fixed it, I deleted all my lists, cold booted and everything. Then re-entered my lists and it actually let me select the channels it would never let me put in before (regardless of number of channels entered at one time), i.e. 108 specifically. I was pleased....till...less than week later it disappeared and now can't put it in.

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    FYI... I'm not talking about just deleting the lists and rebooting... I'm talking about using the option in the menu system that resets the receiver to defaults. I have read that some needed to do that to fully get their favorites lists working again.