1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FEATURE REQUEST: Closed Caption on Mute

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Scooters, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Scooters

Scooters Mentor

Mar 15, 2003
    How about a "Closed Caption on Mute" option.

When enabled.. Captioning would appear whenever the "Mute" button was "ON".

I've had a couple of TVs with this feature. It is handy when the phone rings and you still want to keep track of the live program.

Yes, I know it is a DVR, and Yes I know that the whole purpose is to rewind and play again. However, there are times when this would be handy.

Should not be a biggie to program.

2. reedl

reedl Mentor

May 10, 2002
    The problem is that the 921 does not "mute" at all (that I know about), so how would it know when the audio receiver or TV is muted?

Reedl

3. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Ditto, it can't tell when you mute...

The only outputs that a TV can use its own captions are on the Coax and Composite.

I'm surprised they weren't required to have captioning on HD imputs since the programs are being required to carry CC

4. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    Yes, lets have CC on Mute. There are so many things that we can use and modify under Preference, Closed Captions (4,6) but nothing for the simple Mute. Interesting, perhaps an oversite?

5. Scooters

Scooters Mentor

Mar 15, 2003
    Egad, you are right. We are not muting the 921 audio output, just that of the TV or Amp.

There were so many Caption choices, I never gave it a second thought before posting.

Or as Gomer Pyle would say....
    gggaallllllliiieeeee