1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Feature Request - Remote Reset Network Connection

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by LtMunst, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    There should be an option to send a remote Network Connection Reset command to a Hopper via Sat from the Dish Anywhere app.

For the first time I cannot access either of my Hoppers from the Iphone Sling app. No listening to cable news at work today. Not a big deal, I'm sure the Network Connection Reset will fix it when I get home. If I was on vacation, however, and could not hook up my kids with their library of Disney channel fluff...it would be a problem. The best I could hope for would be that the nightly re-boot would regain broadband for the next day.

If there was an option in the Dish Anywhere app to send a Sat command to the receiver to reset the broadband connection...it would help.