1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

few questions.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by coreyt, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    Hey was anybody told it will be amonth until your Dish got there? Did it get there sooner? Who bought the dish to you? For example UPS. Also is there a place i can call a local Dish Network place so i can get it repaired in a short time and dont have to wait forever like i am waiting for it?

2. Opynion

Opynion Godfather

Mar 21, 2006
    One of the biggest problems with Dish is the waiting, the waiting, and the waiting, you don't get to wait long with cable, and hopefully you won't when the teleco's install cable, as long as AT&T don't keep installing Dish Network because it will be the same story, hopefully they will separate from Dish and go in the video services for themselves, without Dish Network and offering a la carte, only then there will be a diference in service and choice. :)

3. Suomi

Suomi AllStar

Jan 6, 2006
    I do all of my dealings with Dish through a local retailer. This way I don't have to deal with Dish's incompetent CSRs as much, and my installer brings all required equipment.

4. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    so when they say a month they truly mean a month? i ordered it on the 12th hoped to get it b4 my B-day on the 30th.

5. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    Any help is appreciated please

6. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    I dont know what your talking about waiting a month. I called E* 800 # on a Friday and they had an installer out at my house on Monday morning. I didnt need to have anything ship to my house the installer brought the recivers with him. I had a 625 and a 322 installed. It went a lot smoother than a cable install.
    2 weeks later my LNB went bad and dish had a repair tech out the next morning. I find it a pleasure working with the CSR's at Dish. Not one complant here.

7. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    my father was informed it would be early may when they "expect" it to come. but i thought maybe they just say that so if its "not" there in a week we dont call them pissed off. So should i watch daily or would they leave it on the porce?

8. ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn Icon

Jul 6, 2005
    Bingo! ;) ;)

9. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    does it matter how you pay? I paid credit card does that matter?

10. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The monthly wait is for those wanting a 622 receiver.

11. redfishhunter

redfishhunter Legend

Aug 5, 2004
    Your local retailer no doubt has a 622 on hand...

12. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    whats a 622

13. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    Same as a 625 but in HD..

14. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    whats a 625? no idea what the numbers are

15. Opynion

Opynion Godfather

Mar 21, 2006
    625 is another reciever model, dish has done many models throughout these years, I still have one of the first models, it still works and they still charge me for it :lol:

16. coreyt

coreyt Mentor

Apr 12, 2006
    i didnt pick a model when my dad called he picked the best package and 2 2 rm recievers 1 hddvr and one regular reciever.

17. Opynion

Opynion Godfather

Mar 21, 2006
    they say the 622 is the best for HD channels, of course I have to verify that in the near future, if I could only get one without the DVR, since Tivo screwed them on that law suit, I don't want the DVR on the 622 and without the DVR it should cost less. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.