1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FF problem with RSN recording persists...

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mr.72, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    I watched another recording of a game from my RSN-Alt (Spurs-Bucks game) last night and the trend continues, every time I watch a recording from an RSN-Alt I get this problem where FF doesn't work.

While playing the program, I hit FF. The ">>4X" graphic pops up and the picture gets blurred and distorted, moreso the longer I let it think it's fast forwarding. When I press Play again, it starts playing from some time a few seconds before I hit the FF.

So for example, let's say there's a whistle for a foul and as usual, I try and FF at 4x thru the free throws. So I hear the whistle, hit FF, then when I realize that it's not working (I cannot view the fast-free-throws, instead the picture just gets distorted and screwy), I press Play and I see the drive to the basket before the whistle, then the whistle, and then I'm back to where I started.

Happens every time, without fail.

Also when playing back these games, if I press pause, when I resume it starts some time a few seconds before I pressed pause.

My current workaround for the FF bug is to hit skip-forward and then skip-back to try and jump ahead less than 30 seconds.

The FF works fine for HD games. I only get either RSN games or HD games to try.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

2. pbrown

pbrown Legend

May 23, 2002
    There is this thread that I started a few months ago

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=69376

I have noticed that when I record an ALT channel the problem happens just about every time. If I record a regular FSN channel, the problem only happens when I am recording another show on the other buffer. IMHO, It definitely is an RSN only problem (and possibly an FSN only problem).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.