1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fill me Direct TV Fans im Changing from Comcast to Direct TV NEXTWEEK

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Muslenutz, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muslenutz

Muslenutz New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    I have made the decision to subscribe to Direct TV and not transfer comcast to the house I am moving into to. I am getting an HR10-250, what am I getting into that I might not know?

Any issues?

Should I wait to buy certain equipment?

Basically I need all my newbie questions answered, but can anyone help with the above or redirect me to any other sites?

2. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    You will never for a second regret your decision to move up to DirecTV from cable.

Somebody up there loves you.

3. SBacklin

SBacklin Legend

Sep 14, 2005
    yeah......Rupert Murdoch :lol:

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Take an hour or so and read through the various threads on the DirecTV forums here. You will find much information.

Once you have done that, it may be easier to come back with any specific questions you have than for us to guess at what we should tell you. Post in the appropriate forum section (general, hi-def, etc.) that is most appropriate for your question.

Welcome aboard.

Carl

5. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    Have you already bought your stuff or have you just made the decision? After Wednesday you cannot own DTV equipment. Lease only.

Well, never say never, but you'll have to pay a butt load more to own it.

How many rooms? HD/SD? DVR? How many of each.

6. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006

I guess i signed up just in time then. I ordered on Thursday last week and I am scheduled to have it installed on Tuesday this week (Feb 28).

7. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    So hey, don't keep us in the dark. What ya gettin? Many here can make sure the installer doesn't leave before getting you everything you truly need?

HR10-250??? Hu? Cool
    What dish?
    How many DVRs?

Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

8. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006

I am just going for simple and basic right now. I don't have a lot of cash to spend monthly. Ideally I would have two DVRs and two basic receivers, but due to cash restrictions and no phone line (can't afford one) I will very happily settle for a 3-room basic setup on the Total Choice Plus package. That will take care of the living room, bedroom, and my little girls's room when she is here. No locals here either in Marquette, MI market #190. I will get the Triple LNB dish though by request just to keep a few options open in the future.

Just a simple and basic setup, but a lot better than having only small town CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS since May of 2005. I look forward to having more channels that I can keep track of.

Anybody know how I can get my hands on a WB and UPN in these desolate parts where OTA and cable have none? Gotta see my "Charmed" girls. ;) :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.