1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Call before I create new Wish List polls

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Ron Barry, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 1, 2007 #1 of 62
    Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Ok... finally call before I post new Wish list polls. Yes multiple polls this time. I went through the current Wish List and came up with the following list. Mostly based on if I could figure out the feature, if I saw it more than one post requesting it, or it sounded good to me. I believe I also removed USB support since it obviously is currently being worked on and VOD removal because it is obvious that this feature is here to stay.

Last chance to get your pet feature added to the list so people can vote. This time, I plan on creating two polls: one for overall features and another for User Interface improvements. See the list below and if you think something is missing provide feedback. I will take a look at this thread over the weekend and add any of the choices that seem cool or have a significant amount of people wanting them added to the list.

I plan on posting the polls on Monday.

General Wish List Items
    -----------------------------
    Web Scheduling
    Native resolution pass-through
    Sticky Playback
    Save Preferences and timers using USB Drive.
    USB Keyboard Support
    Content Sharing Between 622s
    Screen Positioning
    High Resolution Support for Pictures
    Account Validation/PPV through Ethernet
    Discrete code for CC on/off. (CC enable Disable through Remote)

Sticky Playback - The ability to pause a recorded program you are current watching, PIP
    swap to your Tuner Buffer and Pip swap back to your recorded Program.

Account Validation/PPV through Ethernet - Ability to authorize you account by having your 622 hooked up to Ethernet instead of phone line.

User Interface Improvement Wish List
    -----------------------------------------------
    Folders (Ability to roll up Based on Show name and drill down)
    Ability to filter TV1 and TV2 recorded shows.
    Improved Search capabilities. (Do not include unsub shows etc.)
    Improve the Naming Scheme used for Tuners and TV.
    Seperate AO and NR rating restrictions.
    Transponder and Satellite Added to Banner
    Manual Positioning of PIP window (Better default PIP window positioning for 16x9 sets)
    Dish Pass (Batch Restore/Skip Ability)
    Blackout Icons in EPG for Sports Channels.

Dish Pass (Batch Restore/Skip Ability)
    When using a Dish Pass to search for a show, all shows found by the search function will have timers automatically set up. Then you have to go through your timer schedule to delete shows that you do not want or not really what you wanted. There should be an option to just list the shows found by the search, and then pick the show(s) you wish to record.

2. May 1, 2007 #2 of 62
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Bulid in slingbox like feature and native pass through

3. May 1, 2007 #3 of 62
    Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    Damn.. I can't believe I forgot Native Pass through. Going to add that one to the list ASAP. There was mention of it on a Tech Chat, but it has been quiet and that one does need to be on the list.

4. May 1, 2007 #4 of 62
    Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Legend

Oct 19, 2006

Ability to view playback progress bar at bottom of screen by hitting the play button - Right now the only way to see it is to actually pause the program.

5. May 1, 2007 #5 of 62
    elbodude

elbodude Legend

Jul 13, 2006
    Buffering of tuners while box is in standby and while watching recorded programs.

6. May 1, 2007 #6 of 62
    Hall

Hall Icon

Mar 4, 2004
    Seconded

7. May 1, 2007 #7 of 62
    Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    1. A PIP label key so I can press a button and see what channel my PIP window is tuned to instead of having to swap to it to find out.

8. May 1, 2007 #8 of 62
    Hunter Green

Hunter Green Legend

May 8, 2006
    Something analagous to TiVo's Suggestions.

9. May 1, 2007 #9 of 62
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Hunter I believe this will not happen as it is part of TIVO patient.

10. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    As we all know each time we repeatedly hit the "Guide" button we switch the 622 to a different guide. We have the ability to create up to 4 different "customized" guides.

Any search function should search ONLY the channels in the currently active guide.

ALL, ALL SUB, ALL HD (these are hardwired) or custom favorite channel guides like MYFAV, SPORTS, MOVIES etc...

This will allow us to narrow our searches to only the selected channels in the guide we are currently using...

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Ability to remove the pause bar ... but is that cared enough about to vote on?

I'd also like "content shared between ViP receivers" ... why limit it to the ViP-622? Let me play that content over on a 211! (I'm thinking no on playing it on a 942 since MPEG4 content would have to be converted to play on a 942.)

Transfer via USB 2.0 or Ethernet would be acceptable! :)

12. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I understand the desire for buffering while watching recorded programs... that would be nice!

But buffering while in standby? That doesn't make sense to me. It wouldn't be in standby if it was buffering tuners... so it technically already does that, just don't turn it off!

If you want nightly updates to the EPG and so forth, those updates would necessarily interrupt the buffering process... so I'm not seeing a use for buffering while in standby.

Seems like you should just leave your receiver on when you are wanting buffering to occur. Am I missing something?

13. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    True James.. That would also make a 622 with a 211 into a 622 with two HD outputs. ;) Well almost. :D

14. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Another idea....If you have OTA connected you should still be allowed to do PIP functions even in dual mode...limit one PIP window to OTA and the other to a Dish channel. Maybe the software logic would require the user to be watching an OTA channel then turn on PIP...I don't see why that would take very much software modification.

15. elbodude

elbodude Legend

Jul 13, 2006
    I guess I still have TiVo blood, as that is what my TiVo box did. Correct, it would buffer "on or off" as long as it was plugged in. Just a nice feature.

16. rbonzer

rbonzer Legend

May 13, 2002
    In the scheduled list of timer events, I want a third option of hide/show skipped events. I want a 'hide not new'/'show conflict' option, which would hide the events skipped because the show is not new, but show events that are not going to be recorded because of a conflict.

I usually show skipped events, but when I added a timer for Planet Earth, the show gets repeated so many times that the list get full of skipped events that it was a pain to read through the noise.

Not sure if this warrants a entry in the wish list, but it has bugged me for a while. (Do you have a young daughter that records Hannah Montana?)

17. apco25

apco25 AllStar

Oct 2, 2005
    Add the ability to remember where you are in a paused show that is being recorded, after you go do something else (like watch another recorded show). Now you can only "start over", it does not remember where you were.

18. sthor

sthor Legend

Oct 1, 2006
    Make OTA Tuner 3. I don't understand why we have Tner 1 and Tuner 2 but OTA is anonymous.

Also add the option to pad the ending time of an event up to 3 hours instead of just 1.5. For some sports events (NASCAR in particular) 1.5 hours is not enough.

19. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Add "OTA" or an antenna symbol similar to the new "HD" logo used on the DVR list and other places.

20. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    While watching recorded program and switching tuners, don't stop the recorded program.
    Fix the skip fwd/skip back while in pause mode
    Don't clear all buffers if OTA signal is lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.