1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally: Edit Google Docs in your browser

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by BubblePuppy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    From Android Central:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/finally-edit-google-docs-your-browser#comments

2. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
  3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    But the question is, how usable is it? I have the free version of Documents to Go built into my Blackberry OS, but wouldn't attempt to do more than very basic stuff.

4. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    I have the paid version of docs2 go, and I have my resumes in there. It's nice to make changes from my phone and then email it to job openings that I find without having to wait to get home. Works great with docx files. Now I can store the docs to the "cloud" and make changes from any computer.

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I bought into cloud computing a few months ago, and now use browser-based Google docs (and Gmail), instead of Office (and Outlook). It's great to have secure edit access to the docs I'm working on, no matter which PC I'm in front of.

The new Android version of Docs also supports speech input for text entry. This is a nice alternative to the soft keyboard for phone/tablet users, IMO.

6. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Perhaps I should he have written the "Google Docs cloud". :)

7. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Ummm, no. My Docs are private. I don't need them 'out there' for Google or anyone else to index and send info to advertisers.

And don't think for a second they won't, no matter what their terms state.