1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got an HD Tivo

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tusk, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    Almost. Circuit City has another order window open right now and I finally managed to get my order placed. Still waiting for a confirmation but must say that this is an exciting day. Have been trying to get one for a long time.

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Great news! Keep us posted.

3. bkanneg

bkanneg Mentor

Oct 10, 2002
    I just ordered one also. We'll see if it actually goes through. I actually ordered one from my local CC store, but they said they have no idea when it will get here. If the online one gets here first, I'll just cancel the other.

4. Tusk

Nov 14, 2002
    I've got a tracking number and the FedEx site is showing that they have picked it up. The scheduled delivery date is Tuesday by 4:30. Ordered at 2:30 CST and shipped at 2:58 CST. Not bad.

If anyone is looking for the HD Tivo, CC.com is still showing availability at 4:30 CST.

5. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    As of right now, they are still in stock. CC must have got a boatload of them!

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    The people at work thought I had completely lost it! :hurah: I have had both my home and work computers set with the CC.com page listing the HR10-250 as my home page for a month and a half now. Every time I walked by I hit refresh. There were a few times it actually showed as available but I'd run into the "out of stock" page further in. :( Today it showed again (first time in about three weeks) and I was actually able to get through the entire ordering process! I chose 1-2 day delivery because I won't be able to get it installed until next Saturday anyway and I did get the confirmation e-mail. When I called Value Electronics to cancel the order I had with them (I was too far down their list and it looked like late June before I could get one from them) the woman I spoke with was so disappointed that they couldn't ship mine that I ordered the dish from them. (I'm a current D* subscriber so would have had to buy one anyway - plus I'm a bit of a sucker).My ultimate goal was to get one in place by the start of the NFL season, so it looks like that won't be a problem!I never thought I could get this excited about something at my age, but YOW!!! this is so cool.Good luck, everybody, if you're still on your quest - it will happen!

7. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    As of 5:17PM CDT CC's web site still show them as available. Must have been a BIG boatload.

8. Tusk

Nov 14, 2002
    Gone

9. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
  10. bkanneg

bkanneg Mentor

Oct 10, 2002
    I got an order number on the CC website, but I haven't received a confirmation e-mail. Do you think the order number means I am all set?

11. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Yes, you should be okay. The confirmation e-mail will take some time to arrive.

12. bkanneg

bkanneg Mentor

Oct 10, 2002
    Well, I still haven't received an email, but the website said it has shipped, so that looks good. Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll be able to try it. We got hit by lightning this morning and it fried just about every piece of electronics we own. It may be awhile before I am back up and running. Hope we have good insurance!! I had APC brand UPS systems on everything, but they were blown too. Does anyone know what you have to do for the warranties on those?

13. Tusk

Nov 14, 2002
    I have to give props to Circuit City. Ordered the HD TiVo at 2:30pm on Friday. They shipped it with FedEx at 2:58pm 2nd Day. Shipment was scheduled for Tuesday. Just checked the tracking site and it is on the truck for delivery a day early.

Called the wife and asked her to delay any errands until the delivery comes. :grin:

14. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Great news Tusk!

Did you get the $69 3 year extended warranty? I'm not usually a big fan of extended warranties but I ended up purchasing one a couple of days later. I guess I got the early adopter jitters with this one. :)

15. Tusk

Nov 14, 2002
    Yeah, I went ahead and added the 3 year warranty. Just good piece of mind for not a lot of money.

Finally have the HD Tivo set-up and have been playing with it for 2 hours. So far so good. HD looks great. I will try to give a more in-depth review once I've had a little more time with it.

16. Bleeding Edge

Bleeding Edge Cool Member

Mar 1, 2004
    I recently purchased an APC UPS. Buried in the fine print, it said that the warranty card needed to be mailed within 10 days of purchase. I hope that APC dooesn't use this weasel clause to decline coverage.

Also, be prepared to hold the phone for awhile to get their customer service.

Please let us know how this is handled by APC and/or your insurance.

17. bkanneg

bkanneg Mentor

Oct 10, 2002
    I just received mine this morning. I don't know if I'll have a chance to hook it up today or not because of all the lightning damage we are trying to clean up. How can I add the 3 year warranty now that I have received it? It didn't ask me for it when I purchased it. Am I too late or can I still get it?

A little off topic, but can anyone recommend a good OTA antenna amplifier? Our radio shack amplifier got fried and I tried to replace it with another Radio Shack amp, but it doesn't work very well. Could it be the cables that are screwed up? Can lightning screw up coax cable?

18. chubbya

chubbya Cool Member

May 6, 2004
    Most definitely!!

19. Tusk

Nov 14, 2002
    Take your shipping confirmation you received via e-mail to a Circuit City customer service desk. It has your order number on it and they can add the extended warranty in a few minutes. That's what I did.

If you don't have a Circuit City nearby, you might try calling, maybe they could do it over the phone.

People over a AVS forums have been real high on the Channel Master 7777.

http://www.warrenelectronics.com/antennas/7777.htm

I don't think I will need an amp where I live, but I will get this one if I do.

20. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    I called Circuit City and didn't have a problem adding the extended warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.