1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Firefox 18 crashes

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by CATCRAW, Jan 12, 2013.

1. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    My Firefox updates to release 18 a couple of days ago and it crashes every time you have multiple tabs open and you close one. Anyone else having issues with FF 18???

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Mine is working fine. Suggest you disable all add ons and plug ins, then see if it works. If so, turn them back on one at a time and see which one is causing it to crash.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I installed it a few minutes ago. Opened it and loaded 3 Tabs. Then i closed the last 2 added one at a time and it worked as it was supposed to .

4. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    By any chance do either of you utilize Norton Toolbar???? I think that may be the issue although Norton said Toolbar is compatible with FF 18 and I did do the Norton update..

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I myself, do not use any toolbars. I find toolbars take up to much screen real estate for little payback.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Yes, my Norton toolbar is on for Fire Fox and IE9.

7. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Just downloaded it - will let you know

8. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    So far, no problem here. And I been running two windows, each with multi-tabs.

Not running the Norton Toolbar. Haven't run anything Norton in years.

9. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Not that I read Facebook, but my wife got a hint that if you're having problems with crashing - select Tools, Options, Advanced - Uncheck "Use Hardware Acceleration"

10. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I never had crashing issues with Firefox beta 18 (or the release of it) on my Mac. But now I'm on 19 beta :)

11. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    I think my issue had something to do with Norton 360. I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton 360 and now everything works. It must have had something to do with FireFox 18 installing before the Norton update.