1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firmware update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by MarkN, Nov 9, 2008.

1. MarkN

MarkN Legend

Jul 13, 2007
    I have an HR20 and will be hooking it up to the new slimline SWM. I have read that the HR 20 is compatible w/the SWM with a 2041 firmware update. My question is how do I get the firmware update and how do I know when I have it?

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Your HR20 will automatically receive any updates it needs, you have no choice. You don't need to do anything other than install it and configure it properly.

Edit: Connect one lead only to sat-in 1.

3. MarkN

MarkN Legend

Jul 13, 2007
    thanks for the info

4. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Once you have the new dish/SWM LNB installed, connect the single line to Sat 1 and reboot. It should detect it's connected to an SWM and configure itself automagically. :)

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Holding down the INFO key on your remote for several seconds will check the system status and you will be able to view the current software version. The HR20 has supported SWM for the past year or so (the latest version is 0x29b).

6. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    If you have had it active at all in the last year or so it should be just fine as it will have automatically gotten updates as well.