1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flyers vs. Bruins blacked out AGAIN

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by 1kyardstare, May 12, 2010.

1. 1kyardstare

1kyardstare AllStar

Jan 11, 2008
    Hmmm. A few minutes of Bruins and Flyers televised live. But the Terrestrial loophole takes effect and blacks out the Philly area again.

Nice! Well it was 2 - 0 when it when dark...

Get the poison out Fly boys! Bring on game 7...

2. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    WWW.ATDHE.NET LINK TO THE GAME.

i know it suxs i hope game 7 is national tv game the pens are done.

3. loveshockey

loveshockey Godfather

Feb 24, 2008
    Lancaster, NY
    of course game 7 will be national....do you have any clue?

4. 1kyardstare

1kyardstare AllStar

Jan 11, 2008
    Of course this is national. However There is the "unique" circumstances here in Philly where Comca$t can withold the game from locals. I do not know what will happen on Friday (if anyone does please let us know). I "assume" (and I pray to Pelle Lindburgh) that we will be able to see the Versus feed.

5. Cyber36

Cyber36 Legend

Mar 20, 2008
    Byron NY
    I saw that the NESN feed out of Boston was working last night..........

6. jlosh

jlosh Cool Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Game 7 is still listed as being on CSN for those of us in the Philly area. At the beginning of the series it listed games 5,6 & 7 as CSN exclusives for Philly. I am sure it will be on Versus nationally and blacked out for us. It will be free parking and admittance to watch the game at the Center for us locals as well.

7. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Yes, game 7 will be blacked out in Philly.

8. 311Man

311Man Godfather

Oct 20, 2007
    Correct

Philadelphia market watches on CSN - Boston market on NESN and everyone else on Versus. So D* folks are out of luck. :mad:

9. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    FWIW, even though I live in Chicago, I am not a Hawks fan, nonetheless for years we were blacked out or home games so I feel your pain. The idiots who run the league just refuse to understand that they need exposure. For as long as they were not on TV and not promoted it was not that hard to get Hawks tickets. Yes, they are a better team but still, the more exposure the more people show up. Over the last two years Hawks tickets are a lot more difficult to get.

10. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    It's not just the NHL. The NBA and the MLB have to deal with this comcast crap.

They need to all step up and force comcast hand even more at least they opened that feed to MLB EI , NBA LP and NHL CI.

maybe they should give D* a free pass to show games on VS / other networks or open the CI , NBA and LP for free to people in market even if they have to show the other teams feed.

The NHL and MLB has the feeds for there replay systems so maybe they can give that out as well.

to bad comcasts owns the teams as the Chicago teams DID NOT let comcast pull any of this crap when CSN CHI started and yes comcast put over flow games on CLTV / MOJO HD that was comcast only at the time and they all showed up on all other systems.

11. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    nhl actuallly did put game 6 at the last minute on nhl center ice. It wasnt going to be. but they should do this all the time.

12. Jammasterd

Jammasterd AllStar

Jul 6, 2006
    this is a joke right? no game 7 for DirecTv viewers?
    I want my bar tab reimbursed by DirecTv.

13. wallybarthman

wallybarthman Godfather

Feb 4, 2009
    Nope.... better hope the Flyers win - once its conference finals its all Versus/NBC.

14. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    Call Comcast. It's their problem. DirecTV can't do anything about it.

15. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Man, Comcast really wants to hammer a utility pole up the rear ends of all DirecTV Customers in Philadelphia.

Thats just friggin low, not making that game a Versus exclusive.

16. 1kyardstare

1kyardstare AllStar

Jan 11, 2008
    I guess I will listen to this game on the Radio in my Philadelphia home due to NHL/Terrestrial Loophole/Comca$t/DirecTV/Arlen Specter -- aurghh. I know there are way more important things to worry about but this stinks. :mad:

Maybe the ghost of Reggie Dunlap or Ogie Ogilthorpe will flip a switch to allow Versus to show this game to us Delaware valley folks. :grin:

17. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Remember - we get zero Phillies games, zero 76ers (who cares) games too. OK - WPHL has a few Phillies games and FOX has a few too, but we get zero that aren't over the air.

Don't blame the NHL here - This is all a gift from Mr. Arlen, the senior senator of PA to Comcast Corp.

18. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Man, you guys in Philly are lucky the NFL doesnt use RSN's or youd all be royally boned.

19. paakoridge

paakoridge Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    If Bettman had any stones, he'd put the game on the NHL network in the Philly market only and tell Snyder to suck it.

20. Jammasterd

Jammasterd AllStar

Jul 6, 2006
    It really wouldn't be that bad missing the Eagles game and seeing something else.