1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOODHD and HGTVHD Audio Sync

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by labill, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labill

labill New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Since these channels were launched, I have consistently had audio sync (or maybe it is video sync) problems. FOODHD is quite bad, while HGTVHD is a bit better (closer sync) -- I understand that the two channels are owned by the same company. Is this a known problem or could it be my HR20? I do not have any audio sync problem with my other channels (other than random occasions, unlike FOOD and HGTV, which is always the case). I have tried doing pause, rewind, FF, stop, channel up/down, reset buttons, etc. (no help).

2. Kapeman

Kapeman Godfather

Dec 22, 2003
    I had my first instance of this on FoodHD last night. The recording was probably 3 or 4 days old.

I have had others from the same channel that didn't exhibit this.

I also noticed that Smithsonian was down last night (had a slide up).

3. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    I am continually having audio sync issues with Food Network HD while watching live. Haven't recorded anything to see if I have issue there also. Having audio sync issue right now while watching Good Eats. I hope they get this fixed soon.:(

4. labill

labill New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    If audio sync (or video sync, I suppose) is a problem on on only some stations consistently but not on others, does that eliminate the possibility of the receiver/HDMI being a problem? FOOD is always off, but most of my other channels are fine (although not always).

5. Kapeman

Kapeman Godfather

Dec 22, 2003
    I would say that is a pretty safe bet.

6. mtsz52784

mtsz52784 Legend

Jun 26, 2006
    Yes I've noticed it also... on the Food Network I was watching Paula Deen and the sync was horrible... almost a full second bad.

7. KurtV

KurtV Legend

Dec 21, 2006
    If you're watching on a DVR a quick pause and restart or two will normally correct the sych problem. If on an H-20 a quick channel change and back will often fix it as well.

8. labill

labill New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Thanks, but I have tried this, but this does not solve the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.