1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football screwing up recording shows

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rhingst, Oct 23, 2009.

1. rhingst

rhingst Cool Member

Apr 29, 2008
    On our old receivers they recorded by the program number that was unique to each program so it did not matter if a game ran over it would still record correctly. Now with these new HD receivers it only goes by time so if a game is still in progress it just starts recording. What happened?

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Nothing happened, it's always been like that. That's why padding has been around since the invention of the DVR.

3. rhingst

rhingst Cool Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I am not understanding your padding comment. Do you mean to allow extra time on either end of the show you want to record? My wife says when we had an SD Tivo DirecTV recorder she just entered the number for the program she wanted to record. She handles all the recording in our household.

4. tadtam

tadtam AllStar

Apr 1, 2008
    I have SD TIVO DIRECTV receiver and have to "pad" each Sunday.
    I record Three Mile and Cold Case just so I can be sure of recording the Amazing Race completely.

5. njblackberry

njblackberry Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    Live sports have always screwed up scheduled times. I add one hour padding to the end of Amazing Race.

6. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I do the same, but last week I had to add an additional 1/2 hour because of the overtime game. I try to check when 60 minutes starts so I don't miss the end of the race.

7. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, allow extra time on the end of the show. It's always been that way and is dependent upon the guide data being sent down. When sporting events run late, you'll almost always miss the endings of your shows. It's always been that way. Your wife is mis-remembering.