1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

For $50 might be worth a try.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by BubblePuppy, Sep 28, 2012.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    http://gizmodo.com/5947223/this-50-stick-turns-any-hdtv-into-an-android+powered-smart-tv

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
  3. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Funny seeing something with an HDMI port being called 'old'

I've been looking for a roku on Craigslist for about $50 to hook up an old CRT for Amazon prime streaming

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    After adding the keyboard to actually use it, its more like $90.

My android powered Vizio Co-Star is about the same price, and is available now.

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    If it will put the content of my notebook and desktop screens on my 'big' HD display, wirelessly, I'm in, although it looks like I'll need a display with four HDMI inputs.

6. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Not really -You can get a Roku HD direct from Roku for $69.99 with free shipping.
    You can get the Roku LT direct from Roku for $50. Why go to Craigslist?

http://shop.roku.com/

7. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    +1

Any TV with an HDMI port still has plenty of life left in it.

8. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I'm curious about the keyboard. I own so many wireless keyboards already and wonder if any would be compatible. Is the FAVI one Bluetooth? IR? Proprietary?

9. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I've seen some of the XS 2 for $50 but they go pretty quick.
    There's a refurb SMP-N200 for $35 shipped right now on ebay that will do Amazon Prime & DLNA. I'll likely pick that up.

10. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Pretty pleased with the SMP-N200, interface is about identical to a PS3. It was a little hassle to set up as the Mac address had been previously activated since it was a refurb, you'd think Sony would correct that in their refurb process.