1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For engineering only - charge

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR21 Discussion (private)' started by Herdfan, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Could some please explain what this means. I have seen it mentioned in connection with VOD, but since I didn't get 190, I don't know why its on my account.

I posted this here because I wonder if it is on there based on this trial. It was put on there on 8/29. But only tonight in anticipation of remote booking did I hook an HR20 to my network.

Thanks.

2. spoonman

spoonman Icon

Feb 21, 2007
    I think if your HR2X is networked they will add this...but I could be wrong :)

3. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I believe that line item comes into play to authorize the access card for the VOD programming. By you having the line item, they had detected your HR on the network sometime this past summer and gave you the availability to enable VOD if you had 190.
    I hope i got that out right. I don't think it really has anything to do with the HR21 yet.

Is this the first time you've had your HR20 connected to your network?

4. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Yes. I plugged it in for the first time around 9:30pm this evening.

I thought D* might have done it in connection with either this trial or the SWM trial since they had my account info as a CE'er.

5. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Sure wish I had that in my account. Got the Queue waiting in the "to do" list...

So if it is not the camid or rid in the information that is sent to D* that is being used to enable VOD, I wonder what it is?

6. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    That's what it is. Maybe they enabled Herdfan's account specifically because of the HR21 trial, so that when we get VOD on the HR21 he will be able to test it.

7. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    You're digging in every corner aren't you Jeremey. ;) :p

8. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    It's all I can do! :lol: