1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those Dead Calvary Esata Drives

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by redram38, Oct 8, 2009.

1. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    My 750 gb died a few mths back. I ordered a 1 tb WD drive and replaced it and it is running fine. I stuck the non-working 750 gb drive in the drawer and forgot about it. About two weeks ago I bought one of the Thermalake esata docking stations and remembered the dead 750 gb WD drive I had. Of course it would not work but I thought maybe the drive is still under warranty with WD. I bought the Calvary about 2 years ago. Low and behold after I registered the drive I saw it still had about a year left on warranty. I filled out a RMA request and WD is sending me a new 750 gb drive. SO for those that have dead drives you may want to try this and see what happens. Oh and the Thermalake Blacx esata docking station works great with the HD DVR plus the drive stays cool to the touch since it is open. I bought two of them at Amazon for 39.00 each. To me the great thing about them is if I fill up a drive I can swap it for a new one very easy and use both or as many as I need with that DVR. Just wanted to share this is case anyone had a dead drive from the calvary esatas.