1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who can't get enough Law & Order

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by frederic1943, Dec 10, 2007.

1. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
    PARKING WARS - A&E NEW REAL-LIFE SERIES FOLLOWS THE MEN AND WOMEN ON THE FRONT LINES OF THE PHILADELPHIA PARKING AUTHORITY - PREMIERING TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, AT 10PM ET/PT

New York, New York, December 10, 2007 They tuck tickets under our windshields and clamp yellow boots to our car wheels. They are called every name in the book. Some try to run from them. Others try to run them over. They are the people we love to hate, but never before have they been so fascinating. A&E's new real-life series PARKING WARS, premiering Tuesday, January 8 at 10:00pm ET/PT, is a behind the scenes ride with the men and women of the Philadelphia Parking Authority as they manage the chaos that is every driver's greatest nightmare.... parking!

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Seriously? Because watching church choirs compete isn't painful enough.

3. apexmi

apexmi Godfather

Jul 8, 2006
    It's up next followed by. "Watching paint dry" :lol:

4. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Welcome to TV Land during a writers strike. Cmon, seriously. All the starving actors and writers out here in LaLa land and this is the best we can come up with. Re-runs would be better.

5. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Yeah, what the Internet needs is professional writers. ;) :D

I know Wisconsin Public Television has hours and hours of high school marching bands competitions on tape. Maybe that could be edited into a series.

It's the Waunakee trombones versus the Osceola tubas, tonight on American Bandstomp.

In case you need it, this is how you speak like a Wisconsonite.

6. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Hey now, I was a band geek in HS and we ruled.....

7. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    There's one viewer.

8. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    It could be worse. My local ABC affiliate has hours of footage of high school show choir competitions going back for years. I've seen the tapes. Use that to fill airtime during the strike!

Do you know the definition of an optomist? A high school choir director with a morgage.

9. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Greg, that is funny that you mention that. My high school won the Whitewater marching band Championships my senior year of high school. We had a sweep and it was the best experience of my life! We had a lot of fun there.

10. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    But...but...why would anyone who doesn't have to, want to talk that way? :scratch:

OTOH, 'Peewaukee' sounds like something you wouldn't want your mother catching you doing. :lol:

OTOOH, y'all, us laid back southerners fer shur don' have much cause to kibbitz others, now, do we? :sure"

11. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Here's a second viewer. I think we have a hit on our hands.

Just because I know New Berlin is prounounced New BURR-lynn doesn't make me any better than, oh, say, someone from Iowa. Not in the slightest. :sure:

But Weyauwega sounds like something you did with your high school sweetheart.

One of the highlights of the Miss-Pronouncer site is the song for the mayor of Madison, Dave Cieslewicz.

12. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    I think they should throw the Mummers into the competition. Nothing like 1,000 drunk Philadelphians in goofy costumes to liven up a competition.

13. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Only if we can get some thoroughly toasted Shriners to ride tiny motorcycles while wearing fezzes.

14. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Kind of funny because last week, one of the local stations here did an expose on local people (we are 100 miles west of Phily) getting mailed summons to appear in court for not paying their Phily parking tickets. Out of the 10 people shown in the segment, 6 of whom had never ever been to Phily, 1 of whom is 95 years old and doesn't even own a car, and the other 3 had provided letters from their bosses stating that they were at work the day they supposedly were in Phily getting tickets.

When they interviewed the parking authority person, her reply was, 'well the meter maids must be right because how could they have made up those license plate numbers?'. When they compared the car colors noted on the tickets to the people's actual cars, only 1 had the same color of car noted on the ticket. The 9 colors were wrong.

Any example of big city corruption! Gotta love it.

15. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I suppose even meter maids have quotas...