1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force a reboot of 722k each morning

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Nomis, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Nomis

Nomis New Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey Folks, Long time "lurker", first time poster.

I have a 722k that about once a week in the morning I have to unplug and plug back in in order for it to work. I can be watching TV through it until 1, go to bed, come back down @ 5 and have to unplug it to get it to work. I do not have it set to shutdown after inactivity.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Nomis

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Just for fun, set up some autotunes from 1 to 5. Have it change channels every 1/2 hour and see what happens.

May not work, but easy to try.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    By default the DVR reboots at 3am every day. You can change that time in the menu.

Do you have an external hard drive hooked up?

4. Nomis

Nomis New Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll give this a shot. I had tried it in the past but it did not work.

While I do have it on my home network I do not have an external drive attached. I had not thought about the reboot @ 3. If I remember correctly, this is a setting that can be changed so I may try that as well.

5. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Godfather

Sep 4, 2005
    Is this true? I thought it just checked with Dish everyday at that time for new software, guide info, etc. I have been up that late, and never seen it reboot itself ...

6. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011

7. Nomis

Nomis New Member

Oct 16, 2008
    PM Sent. Thanks!