1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced Download of VOD Not Working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mrcon0728, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcon0728

mrcon0728 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    I tried to force this download to access the new VOD channels with no success. I entered 02468, and the receiver found the update and the receiver appeared to install it but after the system rebooted the old version was still there not the updated one. I called D* and they told me it might be a bad receiver (HR20-700 DVR), then after reading his notes he told me it said not to replace the receiver at this time and wait for automatic download and do not force it again. Does anyone know why the update is not working properly?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    You can't force the software version.

If it is not available for your area... you can't force it down, during the staggered rollout.

3. mrcon0728

mrcon0728 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Thanks, It would be nice if D* could have given me that answer. I wasted 30 minutes with a Tech Rep and he almost had me send in my receiver for replacement.

4. jheda

jheda DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 19, 2006
    the beauty of earl, my friend, the beauty of this site and earl...

5. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    If it is available in my area, would the reboot>02468 method force the new version?

Don't want to do an reboot it it is not needed.

Thanks.

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    If it is available in your area.... you would already have it.
    About 15 minutes after it is available... the HR20 starts to see the announcement in the stream... and downloads it at the next available window (based on your activity on the system itself)

So in the off chance... you think it is in your area... you will have about a 15-30 minute window to get it early by forcing it.

And most of the "expansion" to the update area happen at early hours of the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.