1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former Presidents on Fox SB Pregame show.

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dummyproof, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 6, 2005 #1 of 11
    dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    This was very nicely done and Presidents Bush and Clinton seemed quite genuine in their respect for each other.
    The real point of this post though for me, is to note how well President George H. Bush looked today. I thought in a couple of recent appearances he was looking a bit less healthier than today.
    It was good to see them both looking nice and healthy in a live setting.

2. Feb 6, 2005 #2 of 11
    pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    Yes they both seem healthy. I think the two of them were together earlier in the year (might have been the Clinton library opening). Seems like I recall Bush saying kind things about Clinton - and how his time in office gave him a new perspective on whoever occupies the office of president.

Anyway they seemed in good health and good spirits. It was also good to see the cooperation in their joint endeaver to generate help for the tsunami victims.

3. Feb 6, 2005 #3 of 11
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    They had a shot of Clinton in a suite during the 3rd quarter I beleive where it looked like he could have cared less if he was there. Definitely not into the game...or if he was, he was being an Eagles fan.

4. Feb 7, 2005 #4 of 11
    n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Not enough "honeys" to keep his attention. :lol:

On another note...is that some perk of being a President, that blue jacket? :D

5. Feb 7, 2005 #5 of 11
    jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    I think you mean "he couldn't have cared less". And to be truthful, I couldn't agree more.:D For most, the Superbowl is just an excuse for a party. I was at two yesterday and except for a few diehard Patriot/Eagle fans, no one was very passionate about who was going to win. Most passion was about what "numbers" were significant to them in the various pools.

Mostly, I missed Janet Jackson. If we end up discussing Paul McCartney for the next few weeks and months, we all really need to get a life!;)

6. Feb 7, 2005 #6 of 11
    Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Was there a football game yesterday? I thought the season ended a few weeks ago. The only thing that I was hoping for was a Patriot loss since my jerk of a brother in law is a fan of theirs. The only good thing about their win is that its probably better for my sister that they won.

7. Feb 8, 2005 #7 of 11
    BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Well, Eagles fans at least made money........ The Pats won BUT they didn't cover the spread, so the Red Sox nation got a little poorer (credit scores in new England must be dropping now that the $5000 World Series tix and losing Pats bets come home to roost).

I don't bet on the games (I do play in a company pool -- won $400 for having the last digits match my grid box for the final score), bt I KNOW that a lot of people were crying when the Pats intercepted and the guy just slid instead of trying to make it to the endzone......

8. Feb 8, 2005 #8 of 11
    Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Was there a football game yesterday? I thought the season ended a few weeks ago.

I figured ministers would have to be VERY in tune with this particular game. While most people like to see folks "go long" on Super Bowl Sunday, the preacher's sermon doesn't qualify. ;)

9. Feb 8, 2005 #9 of 11
    HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I've never understood the hoopla surrounding Super Bowls or World Series or any other such sporting event. The most boring party I've ever attended was a Super Bowl party at a friend's house several years ago. Everyone sitting around pretending to be interested in a game on television, taking cues on when to "hoop and holler" from the few sports nuts in the room who actually enjoyed the thing. Was really sad. And the spinich dip was really bad, too. :sure:

10. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    HGL: It's easy to see when you have something vested in the participants.

Sometimes it's easy. I live in New Hampshire and have been a long-uffering (until now) Red Sox and Patriots fans (along with the Bruins, Expos, Nashua Pride and Manchester Monarchs).

I'd get more interested in a World Series if I had at least SOMETHING vested in it - like Anyone Beating The Yankees. A Super Bowl? Well, seeing Tampa Bay erase their decades of incompetence was a good story - felt some kindred spirit there (though no Buccanneer ever had to watch their coach nearly kill themself getting severely electrocuted by a microphone at a press conference).

Beyond that - it's the commercials :)

11. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    My Sunday morning sermon hardly ever runs past 5 in the afternoon. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.