1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former Tivo User; New to Dish Network

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by doogie21, May 30, 2008.

1. doogie21

doogie21 New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello all,

I am fairly new to E* so please bear with me. I have searched the forums and have not found a definitive answer to my questions.

I recently switched to dish and have a new 722 that I love. With that being said when I switched to E* I gave up my Tivo service.

As much as I like my new DVR there are a couple of things that I truly miss about Tivo.

I know that E* is supposed to have online scheduling available in the near future for networked receivers. Does anyone have any idea on a timetable for this to begin being available??

Does E* ever have plans to allow networked recievers to transfer recorded programming to a computer so that it can be burned to a DVD for personal use?
    (This makes roadtrips much more enjoyable for myself and my children)

Thanks in advance for the replies!!

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    No timetable for when web scheduling will become available. :nono2:

Other than via a PocketDish, there has been no information of this becoming a feature. The issue being copyright protection. Once burned, there is no assurance it will only be for personal use.
    If you're interested, you can look at the Archos WiFi PocketDish HERE or HERE

:welcome_s :)

3. fredinva

fredinva Legend

May 10, 2006
    You want DVD's for the road.
    Just get a DVD Recorder and burn 'em in real time.

fred

4. liverman

liverman New Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I burn 'em overnight or while I'm at work. That way "real time" is not so "real" (to me). :)

I've got a collection of almost 600 DVDs that way - take 'em on road trips, plane trips or watch 'em on a cloudy Sunday afternoon.

Greg

5. DustoMan

DustoMan Godfather

Jul 16, 2005
    DISH was demoing DLNA streaming at CES, but never spoke about it. :(

6. doogie21

doogie21 New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

I was just hoping that sometime they would allow transfers to a computer. I usually edit the commercials out of the shows and make it loop and autoplay. (Don't have to try to FF through commercials or restart the DVD while going down the road)

Guess I will be purchasing a DVD burner in the near future!!

Thanks again for the replies

7. MikeHou

MikeHou AllStar

Oct 18, 2006
    Note to self: bypass Kansas on next road trip north. :nono: