1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four New HD LiL Markets... sorta

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Newshawk, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    I was checking to see if my lists were up to date last night and stumbled across this information. D* has launched HD local for Alaska and Hawaii. Honolulu has the most, with the ABC, CBS, Fox and even the PBS station listed as being in HD. Anchorage has CBS and PBS, Juneau has NBC and PBS and Fairbanks has only the PBS station in HD at this time. Since D* customers in all those markets need the H20/21 or HR20/21 to receive all local channels, even SD, all they need to see the new HD channels is a HDTV.

2. Koz

Koz Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    Are these the first PBS locals in HD?

3. mauijiminar

mauijiminar Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    Does anyone know when more local markets in HD will be launched?

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Over the next 6 months... DirecTV is going to be actively adding more channels in existing markets and adding some HD LiL's as well as SD LiL's.

As for defitive City/Dates... no that information isn't available.

5. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    How do I find out about a specific station in my neck of the woods? I live in Portland, OR, and CBS (KOIN) is not part of the locals. I have to get it OTA. Any place I can look to find out how the negotiating is going, or even if there is any?

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    DirecTV won't discuss it with you as a customer...

So your only bet is to talk with your local affiliate...

7. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Thanks Earl, Uphill battle all the way. I'll contact my local.

I'm still trying to find out when Comcast Sports Northwest will be carried on D*. It launched on the 10/31, and it's going to carry the team formerly known as the "Jail Blazers". I contact Comcast, they say contact D* (haven't heard back from D* to hear them say contact Comcast)

8. tuckerdog

tuckerdog Legend

Sep 22, 2007
    Apparently KOIN has been sold to a new ownership group. The deal has not yet been finalized thru the regulatory process. Hopefully when the new owners are in place, they will be more receptive to getting the HD with KOIN in place.

I am sure Comcast looks at their new venture as a way to keep people from jumping ship. I would expect the deal they would offer their competitors would reflect this. I guess D* is the right one to pressure, by showing their is substantial local interest in thir carry the new channel. As Comcast is biased against seeing other providers signing on, pressuring them seems much like pressuring the Dolan's, to let D* have MSGHD.
    Michael

9. GregLee

GregLee Hall Of Fame

Dec 28, 2005
    Here in Honolulu the local ABC and PBS stations are now showing in HD on D*. And also the local CBS and Fox channels now have an HD signal. (This is just to confirm the news.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.