1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox 47 HD in Madison Wisconsin audio issues

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by packerfan31, Oct 24, 2009.

1. packerfan31

packerfan31 AllStar

Oct 14, 2008
    Anyone in the Madison Wisconsin area that has Fox 47. Have you experienced any audio issues over the last few weeks either on standard or HD Fox 47. The sound cuts out and back in and stutters.

2. analogue

analogue New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Yes, and I'm pulling in the OTA signal. Seems like the local channel is having issues.

3. sikma

sikma Godfather

Dec 11, 2003
    i get the stuttering on the hd side (61.5) but not on the sd version (110)

4. Nov 9, 2009 #4 of 14
    boelters

boelters AllStar

Feb 10, 2008
    I have been having problems with Channel 47 too (with audio) and I have Directv. Sounds like it might be channel 47's problem. There have been some shows we have not watched because of the problem.

5. 1960jean

1960jean New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    we turn it to the east coast fox station...no problems,but don't have the station in HD!

6. samsmith

samsmith Legend

Oct 31, 2009
    dish has been expirencing prob w/ that channel since september, they say that it should be fixed asap.

7. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Odd as well. Fox 47 over here in Rochester/Austin MN has been having the same issues.. weird.. SD/HD OTA and Sat have been having the issue..

Maybe something to do with the channel number 47? :)

8. samsmith

samsmith Legend

Oct 31, 2009

may be with the provider itself...

9. jimmyz71

jimmyz71 New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Beloit, WI
    On the Madison news the other night they said that there was software issues with the networks equipment. They also said they were locally trying to help the issue and the network is working on solving the software issue.

10. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    Yesterday while watching football on FOX, Channel 2 in the SF Bay area, the sound cut out for a second or two at least once a minute or so. I switched to OTA and there was no problem. Must have been the network feed to Dish, not to their affiliates.

11. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    I have had the audio stuttering problem for a couple on months on recordings of all local channels off the sat feed but not the OTA feed on my 622. Fox is the worst. House was particularly bad last night. It is not exactly a stuttering but sort of a grinding noise followed by loss of a couple of syllables of dialogue. I am in the East Bay.

12. dmoney24

dmoney24 Cool Member

Dec 1, 2009
    it's the network. Not Dish. Been frustrating :nono2:

13. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    There is another thread about this in the Bay Area in the HD discussion. It is not just the Fox network because I have had audio issues with the other local channels - NBC, CBS and ABC also when I record the sat. feed

14. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    True, but the worst offender is FOX, bar none. At least that has been my experience here in the bay area of San Francisco.