1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

FOX audio

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by dmspen, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Feb 7, 2013 #1 of 14
    dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Has anyone else noticed the very bad audio decompression on FOX lately? I seem to notice it on many shows. It has been apparent over the last few months at football games. Last night American Idol was pretty awful in spots. Not the contestants, the audio! The sound often has a slight echo/reverb to it. I've tried adjusting my A/V receiver, but it's pretty obvious it's coming from the audio stream.

I'm sure DISH is only passing along what is coming from FOX.

True? No? Yes?

2. Feb 7, 2013 #2 of 14
    garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I am not seeing anything like this from Fox stations in Scranton, PA or NYC. Have you checked if others are seeing the same problem from your local fox? Are you getting on sd or HD or both, are you receiving signal via sat or OTA? If there is no others having this problem, it may be a wiring or setting on your setup causing this.

3. Feb 7, 2013 #3 of 14
    phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I've had the same experience, so my guess it's the Bay Area feed.

4. Feb 7, 2013 #4 of 14
    bobl

bobl Legend

Jan 17, 2004
    I've heard it on KTVU as well.

5. 1low56

1low56 New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I also have been experiencing garbled audio from Channel 2 KTVU Bay Area. It's the only channel that I've been experiencing this on. Anyone know what the issue may be?

6. nmarrion

nmarrion New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    I have a hopper and experience the same thing. I live in Los Altos. It is definitely a problem with the KTVU feed.

7. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Last night's American Idol went into underwater mode about half way through. I've yet to watch (hear) an uncorrupted Idol this season!

8. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Is it still happening today on live tv?

9. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Last night's Idol was actually OK. I emailed FOX yesterday detailing the issues. We'll see what happens. FOX and DISH are having a few disputes over contract services right now. Maybe this is a point in DISH's favor.

10. nmarrion

nmarrion New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Problem again this evening during Bones...who can we contact?

11. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I filed a problem report with DISH and also contacted FOX. I'm not sure how far this will go as we probably don't have access to anyone of significant authority.

The FOllowing last week was busted up too.

12. mgs24

mgs24 AllStar

Dec 7, 2002
    I have noticed it on American Idol and also on the Daytona 500. Not sure if I should report also?

Mike

13. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It was more than a bit irritating on "Bones" last night.

14. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I think everyone should report it. That will point the finger at either the DISH transmission or FOX feed. The more complaints the more likely we'll get action.