1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

FOX HD Starts Tuesday

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by stevendsnyder, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevendsnyder

stevendsnyder Mentor

Aug 24, 2004
    Cincinnati,OH
    I just noticed that the Directv website program guide shows FOXHD E and FOXHD W as channels 86 & 87 starting on Tuesday, 10/12. Looks like they are keeping thier word to get them added for the baseball playoffs.

2. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    You should of said in the subject line

FOX BREAKING NEWS ALERT for FOX in HD

Yeaaa I cant wait.

Anyone have a current list of Owned and Operated?

The list on the News Corp site is outed data.

Minneapolis was recent bought buy fox corp, even says they are an O&O on there web site.

There may be others recently purchased?

3. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Yeah, I really like Fox's O&O list. It's really varied and has a lot of other unique markets, unlike CBS and NBC.

WAGA-5: Atlanta
    KTBC-7: Austin
    WBRC-6: Birmingham
    WFXT-25: Boston
    WFLD-32: Chicago
    WJW-8: Cleveland
    KDFW-4: Dallas
    KDVR-31: Denver
    WJBK-2: Detroit
    WGHP-8: Greensboro
    KRIV-26: Houston
    WDAF-4: Kansas City
    KTTV-11: Los Angeles
    WHBQ-13: Memphis
    WITI-6: Milwaukee
    WNYW-5: New York
    WTXF-29: Philadelphia
    KSAZ-10: Phoenix
    KSTU-13: Salt Lake City
    KTVI-2: St. Louis
    WTVT-13: Tampa Bay
    WTTG-5: Washington D.C.
    KMSP-9: Minneapolis
    WOGX-51: Ocala
    WOFL-35: Orlando

4. LOBO2999

LOBO2999 Legend

Apr 9, 2004
    I called them today about this and ask if I had to call in to get it turned on or would it just come on and they told me I would have to get a wavier and pay $1.50 for it and I am in an O&O area WAGA-5: Atlanta and we only have 1 Fox affiliate for here . I told them don't bother trying for a wavier I am not paying for something I should get for free.

5. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    LOBO2999 Its possible another FOX station in your general area is mucking things up for you and thats the problem. Such as the problem Baltimore subs have with DC. Go to the website and make sure thats not the prob.

6. LOBO2999

LOBO2999 Legend

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah I checked and here is what it says for my area and there is only 1 Fox , I know it says Grade A but it is still an O&O area so I should get it no matter.
    Network Affiliate Channel Status
    ABC WSB 2 Grade A (strong signal)
    CBS WGCL 46 Grade A (strong signal)
    NBC WXIA 11 Grade A (strong signal)
    FOX WAGA 5 Grade A (strong signal)

7. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    boycott fox its OK that they are pro right but they should not call it fair and balanced

8. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Roll on Troll....:sure:

9. AndyM

AndyM Guest

I doubt that the CSRs even know that the channels are coming yet. If you subscribe to the HD pack or to your locals then you should receive FOX-HD East for free. If it doesn't come on automatically on Tuesday then you can call and they'll activate it on request. I did precisely this for NBC-HD when it came on, they just verify that the local affiliate is an O&O and you're all set.

10. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    Directv said you'd have to get a waiver? I thought areas with network owned affiliates automatically could add the Fox-HD?

Pay $2.25 you'll get Fox-HD East (WNYW) and Fox-HD West (KTTV), plus the analog feeds on 388 and 389.

11. Zach2

Zach2 Legend

May 18, 2003
    Awesome! hope its on 101 or 119

12. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    Now if they could just get ABC-HD then everyone would be happy. I'm sure there's no chance of getting WB-HD or UPN-HD.

13. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    According to my original rumor, they should be on 101.

14. james2006

james2006 Legend

Oct 11, 2004
    I have a somewhat unrelated question: I have a samsung ts360 with a triple dish at home, and when i check the signal on espnhd it says that it is coming off the 119 sat, transponder 28 or something. then, when i took the receiver to a friends house in la, (about 130 miles away) I don't get the channel. He has an older double dish that only gets the 101 and 119, but i can't see why i wouldn't get espnhd, and all the hd that is on the 119 sat. When i checked the signal meter it showed that he has a strong signal on 119 transponder 28, but then an error pops up that says, "wrong satellite."

Any ideas...thanks for your help

15. Bschneider

Bschneider Mentor

Mar 31, 2003

Yes and no..

FOX-E is on 101/tp 8 and FOX-W is on 119/tp 22.

16. jabroni

jabroni Legend

Apr 5, 2003
    Dang, I am pumped. The only channel I need now from Direct is ABC HD.

17. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    Sounds like his receiver is directly connected to the 101 instead of running through a swithc, or his switch is bad.

18. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do you happen to know the O&O list for CBS, NBC, and ABC?

Thanks.

19. DTMiracle

DTMiracle Guest

Hi,

Does anyone knows in which transponders are located the NBC, CBS and soon FOX HD channels on SAT 101?

Thanks,

DTMiracle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.