1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fox HD suite

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by celticpride, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    A year or 2 ago there rumors of directv adding a suite of fox HD channels when there new satelltes went up. kind of in response to DISH getting VOOM,so is this true? or did DIRECTV change there mind when LIBERTY took conrol of directv from rupert murdoch?

2. Hoxxx

Hoxxx Cool Member/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 19, 2004

look here:http://www.tvpredictions.com/forum/index.php?entry=entry070830-194945

3. gizzorge

gizzorge Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    Thanks for posting the link to that article. I'm glad D* will carry Fox News HD. I was worried that there would only be one HD news network.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    :thats:
    After replying I just realized that someone might be serious, and not making a joke. If you are serious, sorry. I just cant seem to grasp the need for all news to be in HD.

5. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    You mean you don't want to see all that Senator Craig bathroom stuff in HD??? :p

6. gizzorge

gizzorge Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    LOL...

It's actually not that I want my news coverage in HD to get every drop of sweat on people's heads. It's just FOX News' SD feed on D* is awful on my big screen TV, and the HD would clear it up a bit.

I'd like the science channel and sci fi in HD before the news, though.

7. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    If I remember correctly, this rumor was started by a man who claimed to be an "insider", but as a rule, his track record was pretty spotty and most of the predictions he made either never came to fruition, or took a lot longer than he stated it would (as in, years).

There was a CREDIBLE source (an article), if I remember correctly that stated Fox was working on a SINGLE HD channel with Fox programming... though I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Personally, I would like to see FX being this channel as a simulcast of this channel isn't that great of an idea since a lot of the shows on it (King Of The Hill, That '70's Show, Married With Children, etc) aren't HD...

~Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.