1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Fox News Channel HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Nazcar, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 5, 2008 #1 of 82
    Nazcar

Nazcar New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Does anyone have any news on when FNC is going to broadcast HD? Please stay on subject, I don't want anyones opinion on the channel. Thank you.

2. Feb 5, 2008 #2 of 82
    D*HR-20

D*HR-20 Legend

Jan 7, 2007
    No, we don't have anymore of an idea of when FNC HD is coming today as the guy who posted asking about it yesterday or the day before that or the day before that.

I don't know how accurate the info was, but in one of the other threads someone said Q3 of this year.

3. Feb 5, 2008 #3 of 82
    JDubbs413

JDubbs413 Icon

Sep 4, 2007
    I think we get a new thread asking about FNC HD everyday.

4. Feb 5, 2008 #4 of 82
    Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Nazcar, welcome to the board.

The answer is they've said sometime in 2008. Who knows when?

5. Feb 5, 2008 #5 of 82
    Old Tv Watcher

Old Tv Watcher Legend

Dec 22, 2007
    How many times do we need to discuss this?

I hope this doesn't start a political fire like all the other threads on this subject!

6. Feb 5, 2008 #6 of 82
    PetSounds66

PetSounds66 Cool Member

Sep 5, 2006
    It's a pity Fox doesn't see the potential ratings boost having Laurie Dhue in HD...:sure:

7. Feb 5, 2008 #7 of 82
    Nazcar

Nazcar New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I know, that's why I asked to please stay on subject. I wanted to do a search but couldn't seem to find a search option for this board... ??

Thanks for the input and the welcome :)

UPDATE... found the search, sometimes i just don't know how things get overlooked... i looked around for 5 minutes last time but found it in 5 seconds after I typed that lol

8. Feb 5, 2008 #8 of 82
    Nazcar

Nazcar New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Right ON:p

9. Feb 5, 2008 #9 of 82
    Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Fox is the best about this, as mentioned in an old thread title. I can't remember what it was I was watching on Fox News last night - maybe it was O'Reilly - but there were two beautiful blond babes discussing serious policy matters with the host. Beats the pants off of Bill Bennett or James Carville anyday.

10. Mocco71

Mocco71 Godfather

Jan 13, 2007
    Anyone know an easy way to see how many Fox News threads have been started and how many were locked?!?! I can remember approx 4 or 5 for sure. Thankfully this one has started out clean.

By the way, I know someone said Q3 in the other thread, but that seems a bit far out considering all of the revamping they have done with their sets. Perhaps they fear the fall out of seeing Greta's botched plastic surgery in HD.

11. TANK

TANK Icon

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA

And Karl Rove in HD should reduce the ratings :lol:

12. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    That's probably why the Larry King show hasn't gone HD either. :lol:

13. ralphfurley

ralphfurley Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    Ive mentioned before that FOX -west palm beach, shows FOX NEWS SUNDAY in HD. Which is proof that the Washington DC studio (home to SPECIAL REPORT WITH BRIT HUME) is HD ready. I'd bet that the revamped FOX AND FRIENDS and FOX REPORT are HD ready. I thought FNC may flip the switch today (Super Tuesday) to show off their election set---very high tech.

14. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    Just as with a lot of FOX's reality shows, it is possible that this show is actually Anamorphic LB Crop of 480p content. I have watched Fox News Sunday and it sure seems to me that the content is not 720p or 1080i.

Does anyone else feel the same way? If this is the case, then the set is not setup with HD cameras.

pf

15. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I've seen that show a few times on my FOX affiliate and it definitely looks like non-HD 480p. It's been awhile though since I've seen it.

16. tcusta00

tcusta00 New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I think I recall Steve, Gretchen and Brian from F&F saying that the new set was HD ready when they moved to it late last year. But I could be inhaling the propaganda fumes too. :lol:

17. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Here we go...

Please keep all personal feelings about FNC and all other news channels out of this thread. Please keep this simply a thread about when FNC will go HD. There's been too many other threads that have been closed because comments like that snowball into a huge fight.

18. okbyme

okbyme Cool Member

Nov 29, 2007
    On Fox & Friends last week, maybe Thur. or Fri, Steve Doocy said it would be soon. Geraldo was the guest and commented about the show being in HD. Steve D. said that it wasn't in HD yet, but that it would be in HD soon, very soon.

I read somewhere else that it may go HD in March.

19. tcusta00

tcusta00 New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I was KIDDING, trying to bring some levity, hence the :lol:

I wouldn't be watching the channel if I didn't agree with it. In fact I'm watching FBN right now, for the record.

Jeez, lighten up, people!!

20. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    Maybe they see the ratings loss potential of having Ann Coulter in hd. Yuck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.