1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

FOX News Issues - Cutting to commercial too early,

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by LakeSteve, Apr 24, 2013.

1. LakeSteve

LakeSteve Mentor

Aug 26, 2012
    I've been watching alot of FOX News the past week. I've noticed the anchor going to break and teasing the upcoming story before being abruptly cut off by the commercial a few seconds early. This occurs on all my tv's with two different receivers. This has to be an issue with them sending their satellite cue's too early, right? The only time this should happen is if they are at a "hard" break and must be in commercial by a certain time but the anchor runs out of time, but this happens almost every break!

2. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    If they are soft breaks, then the problem is on FNC's end. Perhaps there's a glitch in their Master Control switcher software, or they're training a new MC Op. It would only be a problem with satellite cues if it occurred at hard breaks only ( usually at the top and bottom of the hour, though they may have a different "clock".

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
  4. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    If they are DirecTV drop ins, the problem exists between FNC and DirecTV. If they are regular commercials, then Fox News is having the problem themselves. Almost every commercial sounds like it is an internal Fox News problem.