1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Fox plans to thwart "New Girl", "Glee" and "Raising Hope" Fans

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Oct 11, 2011.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Apparently Fox has hired programming people from NBC. From the LA Times:
    Fox's "X-Factor" is not doing bad, but not great. And last night's MLB playoff game did not get great ratings either with the ALCS Overrun pulling only 1.9/8 - 6.57 Million. Here's Fox's Fall week 2 and 3 of overnight ratings for non-animated scripted programming:

[​IMG]

Last night they moved "House" when they could have kept it on schedule and the rest of the month they're displacing "New Girl" and "Glee." No point in building any scripted program audience following. Maybe they could attract Leno to a 9:00 time slot on their network.:nono2:

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Boo.

3. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    While I enjoy all three programs being bumped, I have no problem with them being bumped. All three programs will probably have less repeats later in the season, so that's fine.

They have some really GREAT talent this year.

Well, OK, the "GROUPS" category pretty much sucks, and the "BOYS" category has only a few decent contestants, but the "GIRLS" and "OVER 30" categories have some AWESOME talent.

I also may be related to one of the contestants. If he wins, I'll have to find out... :D

~Alan

4. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    I personally gave up on X-Factor, but the better half watches still so I guess that demo is covered in this household. As for Raising Hope, to me that is one of the better comedies on TV right now. It has values (well the start of the show and premise kinda didn't) but it's not all about sex, drugs (and rock-and-roll?) :) The Middle comes to mind as another with "values." That and they (Raising Hope) don't have a laugh track that was discussed in another thread. As for the others.. oh well whatever.

Regarding the playoffs, personally it's nice to see NY/BO not in it but I know that does CRAP for ratings. Go Brewers I guess and I will stop by and watch a few innings here and there.

5. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I wanted to like New Girl but it has been a dud.

6. dbst001

dbst001 New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    lahore,...
    1 person likes this.