1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOX show recording problems

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by neilo, Mar 17, 2017.

1. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with many FOX shows. It recently occurred for my recordings of 24: Legacy and Bones. Saved recordings that are no longer in Prime Time Anytime are not the full recording. Often when I go to see one of these they are the last minute and then the next show. I wonder if this a Daylight Saving Time problem? It seems to only happen with FOX shows, though.

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    You might want to check your timers. I know on my FOX "BONES" starts recording 1 minute after the hour so it could record 1 minute of the previous show.

3. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    My timers are all relative to the guide settings - 1 minute before and 3 minutes after.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Was there any recent sporting events on your local FOX affiliate that delayed programming? Our local NBC affiliate was covering the ACC basketball tourney a couple of weeks ago, for example, and had lots of NBC shows delayed as a result. IF you weren't paying attention, that could cause problems.

5. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    No, there was nothing that delayed programming. If there was a programming change it would have had to move it an hour earlier to explain what happened. It is just weird. I just need to watch these shows on FOX during the recorded week.

6. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I have had this problem for years. I tried contacting DISH and got no resolution. I tried DIRT here and they couldn't help. I think the problem is fox.
    I have had shows missing time, sometimes at the end, sometimes in the middle, sometimes at the beginning. Sometimes a wrong show is recorded. It happened with my Hopper and now with my Hopper3.

neilo likes this.
  7. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    Well, at least I'm not alone. Thanks.