1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Soccer Channel in HD (When on Dish?)

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by johnstred, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnstred

johnstred AllStar

Aug 8, 2005
    FSC is launching in HD in January: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/europe. Any ideas when Dish will add this HD channel? Knowing well their speed on adding new HD, this may be a long wait....

2. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Maybe in March. They're adding 30 HD channels in March, or so they say.

3. baggio16

baggio16 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    With how poor the picture quality is on the standard definition channel, I hope it's sooner than later. :)

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You've mentioned this before, and I'll ask again...how? Did a new sat secretly shoot up?

5. Jan 1, 2010 #5 of 82
    fsquid

fsquid Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    after seeing the ESPN games in HD this year from across the pond, hurry the feck up!

6. Jan 4, 2010 #6 of 82
    PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    The sooner the better- The most supported sports club on the planet in HD !! (Manchester United) !

Wonder what will happen to Setanta USA after this year??

ID love to see GOL TV back too

7. Jan 4, 2010 #7 of 82
    GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I would pay for Setanta yr round if it was in HD.

8. Jan 5, 2010 #8 of 82
    siwsiw

siwsiw Mentor

Aug 15, 2007
  9. Jan 5, 2010 #9 of 82
    fsquid

fsquid Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    Setanta US might not even last to the end of this week.

10. AlexT

AlexT Cool Member

Apr 24, 2007
    For what it’s worth (and I certainly don’t have any updates on a timeline for any changes/additions to Dish Network’s offerings to subscribers), below is a portion of the transcript of my chat with an online rep from yesterday. I had initially asked if Dish Network had plans to offer FSCHD, and if FSCHD would be included as part of the dishHD Absolute package.

(03) Dish Online Chat Rep: We are planning for that.
    (03) Dish Online Chat Rep: As of now, we don't have updates on that.
    (03) Dish Online Chat Rep: You can e-mail us at feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com for any feedback and customer service issues.
    (03) Dish Online Chat Rep: As you are a valued customer, I can place a request on your behalf.

Me: Planning for FSC-HD, or planning for FSC-HD as part of the dishHD Absolute package?
    (03) Dish Online Chat Rep: Planning for FSC -HD as part of dishHD Absolute pack.

The clear answer seems to be that Dish Network is “Planning for FSC -HD as part of dishHD Absolute pack.
    Again, take this info for what it is worth – as certainly this documented conversation could be meaningless, uninformed or subject to change.

Any other Dish subscribers are of course welcome to instigate a similar online chat to see what else can or cannot be learned about FSCHD coming to Dish Network.

11. jorossian

jorossian Legend

Jan 21, 2007
    Any news on this? Anyone?

This is VERY important to me. I hope dish doesn't drop the ball on this being such a big provider to international clients.

12. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    We can all just hope and wait that soon, really means SOON, as before the start of the world cup, at the Latest.

13. fsquid

fsquid Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    Hopefully, we will get the Fox Soccer Plus channel also that is launching on March 1.

14. siwsiw

siwsiw Mentor

Aug 15, 2007
    FSC in HD is available in Dishnetwork as of yesterday. They just need to flip the switch so they can pass it to their customers.

15. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    NOW that is really good news.

16. renpar61

renpar61 Legend

Aug 5, 2006
    Does this mean we will be able to watch Sunday's Serie A games in HD?
    :):):)

17. janko

janko Mentor

Mar 15, 2008
    As you can all see,FSC already started their HD,the logo on the right corner is there,now as far as i know,channel is beeing tested
    (on Dish),it means its uplinked and i hope they are gonna turn it on soon..
    And if i understand,Setanta will be replaced by new FSC+ HD channel on march and the first day there will be 6 games from 4 different leagues all in HD on this channel.We have to wait and see,but is should be a good year for us soccer fans...:D

18. jorossian

jorossian Legend

Jan 21, 2007
    This is my main goal as well. If so, such a shame we missed, by one week, the opportunity to see the Inter Milan/A.C. Milan showdown.

I love Serie A. Forza Juve, Forza Palermo. Although I still love to watch AC Milan (as they currently play the most attractive football in Seria A), hate in Inter (filthy thieves! :) but respect to Zanetti - true class), and love Fiorentina, Roma, Udinese, Napoli, Genoa, the new Super Bari, Sampdoria, Parma etc.

No league, IMO has a stronger mid and bottom table. Sure every league will have it's top 3 or 4 who buy every money player available, but the Serie A has an exceptionally talented lower tier that with no real pushovers. Serie B is a great league as well. They need to fix the fan violence and get rid of publicly owned stadiums to move into the new millenium and once again rise above Spain and England for the cash power to sign the top players like Messi and Ibra - they can keep Christano Ronaldo... pansy. I'd love to see my 2 favorite players playing in Italy within the next 2 years. Messi and Ribery. If rumors are correct, Ribery is close. I can just imagine Messi taking over the legend of Maradona at Napoli someday...

19. renpar61

renpar61 Legend

Aug 5, 2006
    Love your post! ;)

Big AC Milan fan here, my whole family has been AC Milan for generations, I used to have season tickets when I lived in Milan (Sacchi era). Therefore I could not agree with you more about the hated Inter.:p

I would love to see Messi and Ribery play in Italy too, but it's never going to happen: not enough cash on Italian teams pockets.

I want FSC HD so bad! I will cross my fingers and do a little dance :grin:, hope to see Milan vs. Livorno in HD tomorrow morning.

It would be great if Dish picked up GolTV as well, I don't want to miss a game.
    Dish, can you hear me now?

20. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Watching Sky Sports news, really happy with the forcasted Rugby games as well.
    come on FSC HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.