1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Fox Soccer Plus HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by noahproblem, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Jun 3, 2013 #1 of 18
    noahproblem

noahproblem Legend

Aug 19, 2009
    While scrolling through the guide this morning I noticed there's a full set of listings for the HD (621-1) channel, although tuning to it right now it still shows the D* placeholder logo. Does anybody know if they're about to go full time HD or is that just a glitch?

2. Jun 3, 2013 #2 of 18
    FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    I can't imagine it going full time because Fox Soccer will become FXX later this year. So I'm guessing a glitch.

3. Jun 3, 2013 #3 of 18
    larryharry59

larryharry59 Mentor

Feb 5, 2012
    Ye noticed that too yesterday though. I'm not subscribed to it so can't tell if they are showing what they have scheduled for the HD channel.

4. Jun 3, 2013 #4 of 18
    Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    Since Fox Soccer is turning into FXX, maybe the sports programming from Fox Soccer is going to move to Fox Soccer Plus and go full-time HD? That is my hope anyway.

5. Jun 3, 2013 #5 of 18
    JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    will it be still at the old setanta sports price? I think a few other systems have it at the same price?

And with Fox Soccer is turning into FXX with fox soccer plus change numbers?

6. Jun 3, 2013 #6 of 18
    larryharry59

larryharry59 Mentor

Feb 5, 2012
    I think its most likely will be full time HD and move to the Sports pack. I don't think it will be called Fox Soccer Plus anymore let alone a rebranded Fox Soccer since Fox lost alot of soccer rights and the ones they do have, the Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup plus the World Cups for men and women will all be broadcasted on new Fox Sports 1. Most likely Fox Soccer plus will have Scottish soccer plus rugby and aussie rules.

7. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    I really hope this gets moved to the Sports Pack like other operators.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/06/27/fox-soccer-plus-to-continue-next-season-in-more-prominent-role/

FOX Sports COO Eric Shanks said:

“FOX Soccer Plus will continue to feature a wide assortment of terrific soccer and rugby matches from UEFA Euro 2016 and 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, CONCACAF Champions League, Gold Cup, Women’s U17 and U20 tournaments; FA Cup; Hyundai A-League; International Challenge Cup; NWSL; UEFA Europa League; 10 different international rugby tournaments and leagues; plus a variety of related highlight, magazine and original programs.”

FOX Sports COO Randy Freer, meanwhile, discussed the role that FOX Sports Go will play, which is the new app to launch in August in conjunction with FOX Sports 1. Freer revealed more details about whether soccer coverage would be available, too:

“We’ll launch Fox Sports Go, an app for authenticated subscribers, in conjunction with Fox Sports 1 with significant ‘couch rights,’ a one-stop experience. It will, of course, be your app for scores, highlights, VOD, but also one’s entry point to FOX Soccer Plus and other vehicles we have. It is a significant move to an aggregated application for TV Everywhere as well as your daily sports habits, like scores, highlights and fantasy. Through it, we’ll have curated channels around our sports pillars that will provide us a leadership position by delivering massive video content across multiple platforms beyond the big screen

8. Jul 2, 2013 #8 of 18
    shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo AllStar

Jun 24, 2011
    Uhhhh, what happen to SKY SPORTS NEWS?!?!?

Ben
    Voodoo

9. Jul 3, 2013 #9 of 18
    awalt

awalt Legend

Jul 30, 2007
    I am a bit confused - so after Aug. 17 will there be Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, and Fox Sports 1, still showing some soccer? Yet the Barclay's Premier League will be on NBC Universal and other NBC channels? If correct, this is confusing - reminds me of NASCAR moving all around, and they wonder why ratings go down - no one can find the broadcasts.

10. awalt

awalt Legend

Jul 30, 2007
    It is gone - I searched on my DTV channels and it is nowhere to be found. My series recording of it shows 0 too. I did find fOX announced that once Fox Sports 1 begins Aug 17, it will be on there only ONCE per day, at 4 am (Eastern time? not sure) - you may have to record it to watch it.

If true, I will miss having it multiple times per day - I frequently watched the first 5-10 minutes of it as stories were updated frequently throughout the day.

Quite a bit of chaos in the soccer broadcast world these days.

11. mjc1027

mjc1027 New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Lansing,...
    Fox really dropped the ball, I see no point in them continuing to have Fox Soccer Plus, if they are getting rid of Fox Soccer...why not just close FSP and keep Fox Soccer running?. Money rules everything.

12. JoeTheDragon

Jul 21, 2008
    Fox soccer is on more systems and more HD?

Fox soccer plus is still under the old Setanta Sports priceing on lot's of systems or not even on some.

13. JohnVT

JohnVT Mentor

Jan 30, 2005
    where is a clear description of what is remaining on Fox Soccer Plus? what am I paying $15 for? thanks

14. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's in post 7 of this thread:

15. JohnVT

JohnVT Mentor

Jan 30, 2005
    thanks... I thought I scanned the thread, and obviously looked right past that. :sleeping:

16. sdk009

sdk009 Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Kihei, Maui, HI
    I don't see any event or league that I want to pay extra for. FSC+ is part of the regular Sports Pack on Oceanic Time Warner Cable and that we just pay an extra $5.99 for about 10 sports channels.

17. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    I don't see any event or league that I want to pay extra for. FSC+ is part of the regular Sports Pack on Oceanic Time Warner Cable and that we just pay an extra $5.99 for about 10 sports channels.

Yup, when channels are bundled more people are likely to subscribe because you get more for your perceived value. When sold as a la carte, the price for one channel rises to the point where many less are willing to pay for it.

18. JoeTheDragon

Jul 21, 2008
    But is sold as a la carte or are they just ruining out the old deal? other systems have the same price for this channel. Maybe new deals will force it to an different pack?